The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By J@mes
I wonder of it will hold the same reliability status with a turbo engine?
By m1ke
Yeah, I found it strange they mentioned it though. If it looks like the touring car, I'm buying one. Lol.
By Sedge
m1ke wrote:Yeah, I found it strange they mentioned it though. If it looks like the touring car, I'm buying one. Lol.
Yeah me too. Although they choose to mention the WTCC Civic and not the reining British Champoinship car - which looks better imo!
By smartie
OZ 82 wrote:Yeah. If it looks anyhing like whats on the road now, i wont.ever.
This, current Civic is a monstrosity of awfulness. :lol:
By Sedge

The only problem with this is that the rear arches have been moved up to lower the whole rear (not by much) so it can't be this low. The BTCC car is also 105 mm wider than the road car so I doubt that we will get the track widened to match.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:
OZ 82 wrote:Yeah. If it looks anyhing like whats on the road now, i wont.ever.
This, current Civic is a monstrosity of awfulness. :lol:
It depends on what they do with it. Bodywork is easily changed, and a facelift is due at exactly the same time.
By Rab W
well tbh honda did a good job transforming the last civic into the FN2 type R. i didnt like the standard civic when it came out but instantly fell in love with the R so i dont see it being any differant this time around tbh.

the turbo was inevitable due to regs, which is a shame. however the car will be easily tunable which is a plus. my worry is if they are chasing lap times on the ring it might turn into a renult megane RS265 and just be bordering on to harsh for the road.
manual gearbox might fall to the side in favor of paddles to shave those all important milliseconds off the time aswell.

i think the new one will have about 265bhp, brembo brakes, LSD and potentially a paddle shift. replicating the already ring approved formula that renult already use.
By Cockpiss Analfist
I will be taking the usual honda owners modding route of changing the induction method.

I>E N/a hondas get supercharged or tarbo'dd

So I will be roemoving the tarbo and fitting cams n shiz :scratch:
By J@mes
If I could afford one I'd have one I think it looks good judging by that picture. New focus is a damn site more ugly and very boring to look at.
By NORRO75
During my shift today we had 2 of the new Civic Tourer models on our sealer/paint line [destined for the Frankfurt Motor Show], i had a little chat to one of the 'new model' associates about the new Type R.

We had the chassis pass through our line a few weeks ago, this being the car they will use at the Nurburgring.

I asked how things were progressing. The car is currently in Japan being tested to the absolute max. Its 2.0ltr Turbo, 320bhp engine being thrashed at every opportunity, things seem to be going well. Apart from the night on the oval test track where they went through a full set of tyres !
Anyway, no date has been set for the Nurburgring challenge as they have realised that the chassis is not quite strong enough. So still plenty to do.

I then joked about the Tourer being made into an 'R' for which the new model team said "Well, actually......................"

Just this week, our home grown race team, Synchro Motorsport, who race the Jazz and Civic in the Brit Car Championship, have taken one of the Tourer's and are looking to perhaps race it next season.
And, the BTCC Honda team have also expressed some interest for the new car [remember the old Volvo 850's ?].

Maybe a little bit of a marketing coup to help with sales when we go mass production later this year. Who knows. Watch this space.
By Sedge
Good info from an insider :wink:

Honda UK have already hinted about the Tourer...
... could be some substance to that then...
By algreene
320 bhp????

Holy sh-t balls. I best get my sh-t together and sell the kids!!

Either that or get a job!
By Rab W
algreene wrote:320 bhp????

Holy sh-t balls. I best get my sh-t together and sell the kids!!

Either that or get a job!
i like you style.
i can see the type R being aimed more at the next gen focus RS/golf R which means it will have a premium over the rest of the hot hatch fraternity.

my next car is a focus ST prob, maybe save or hold off longer for the next gen RS or maybe the type R.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]