The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By john e
Would like to know if anybody has fitted any sort of rim protectors to there alloys , I would be surprised if anybody hasn't had some sort of kerb rash on there alloys , personally it depresses me when I get out of the car and yes there's another chip . I have had a price of £80 a rim to refurb and thought of putting some rim protection on afterwards , should have done it when I first bought the car....I know so was wondering if anybody has tried any form of protectors?
By Bi6Dom
Whatever you do, do NOT put alloygators on them. Firstly small bits of debris works it way under the gator which chips away at the very edge of the rim, secondly they can slacken or start to appear loose. Thirdly if they do spring apart it won’t be just your wheel you’ll be worried about. Think of it as a flailing arm whacking your rim, wing etc. Just gotta drive carefully.
By pdapaul
If you’re having those problems with Alloygators I’d query the installation. We’ve been installing them for some time (and have them on our own vehicles), and have never had a failure
By Bi6Dom
Doubt very much it was the installation. But you'll know that they don't fit all wheel/tyre combinations.
By Flaky_Bandit
Bi6Dom wrote:Whatever you do, do NOT put alloygators on them. Firstly small bits of debris works it way under the gator which chips away at the very edge of the rim, secondly they can slacken or start to appear loose. Thirdly if they do spring apart it won’t be just your wheel you’ll be worried about. Think of it as a flailing arm whacking your rim, wing etc. Just gotta drive carefully.
I once was side by side with an Audi which had a rim protectors ‘attached’. Most of the alloygator was off the wheel and actually posed a danger not only to his vehicle but also those nearby. Needless to say I gave him a very wide berth.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]