The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Kieran_CTR
Hey everyone,

After looking for a while trying to find a good banana cake recipe, I found one a few weeks ago & my family love it & it's not too hard to do really so I thought i would share it with u as its so nice :-D also u will need a few bowls for this :bigthumb:

So the ingredients u will need are:

1 3/4 cups of plain flour (430ml)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup of butter or margarine (80ml)
2/3 cups of sugar (160ml)
2 medium eggs (well beaten)
2 tbsp golden syrup
3 ripe bananas (well mashed)

Prep time - 15 Minutes

So now what u need to do is:

1. Beat 2 eggs very well in a bowl

2. Mash the 3 bananas in a seperate bowl (I did it with my fist which was really easy)

3. Now put a sieve over a medium sized mixing bowl, pour in the flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt & sieve it all in to the bowl

4. Now in another seperate medium sized mixing bowl put the butter/margarine & the sugar together then mix & mash them together for a minute, then add the 2 beaten eggs in & the golden syrup & mix again for a couple of minutes, then add in the mashed bananas & finally stir all togther until all of it is mixed

5. Now pour all the liquids over the bowl with all the flour, baking powder etc in, then fold it over (don't stir) & just keep folding until all mixed together & is slightly gooey mixture

6. Butter all the inside of the slow cooker very well & then pour 2 hand full of flour in & spread around until it's covered in flour (just so the cake doesn't stick & allows the cake to rise properly) & pour the mixture in to the slow cooker & spread it over so it's evenly spread out & flat on top

7. FINALLY put the slow cooker on high heat, leave for between 1:30 to 2 hours & just put a knife in the middle & if comes out clean the cake is ready :-D

Hope u all like it & I tried to explain it as easy as possible & really doesn't take long to prep :-)

This is how mine came out which was pretty much perfect :-D

By shaRRpy
Looks good Kieran.I could just do a slice of that,might get the Mrs to make one :bigthumb:
I'll look out for you on the great British bake off. :-D
By Kieran_CTR
shaRRpy wrote:Looks good Kieran.I could just do a slice of that,might get the Mrs to make one :bigthumb:
I'll look out for you on the great British bake off. :-D
The great British bake off :lol: thanks mate it tastes awesome & doesn't take long to do! I would save u a slice but it's all gone so fast :P give it a go mate really nice especially when it's freshly made & still warm, we do ours with custard sometimes :smile:
By Aid1987
That looks awesome. Definitely giving this ago as we have all the ingredients in the cupboards. :bigthumb:
By Kieran_CTR
Aid1987 wrote:That looks awesome. Definitely giving this ago as we have all the ingredients in the cupboards. :bigthumb:
Let me know how it goes matey :smile:
smartie wrote:my slow cooker is oval shaped and about twice the size........ :???:
Mine is oval shaped too, u could still try it as it rises a lot & if u want u could just double the ingredients so it fills more for the size maybe
By andy.h
My misses does a quick recipe version of banana cake and it's bloody good sod waiting for ages think it's about 45 mins including baking time To in my mouth :lol: Plus in the oven the sugar on top caramelises which you don't get with the slow cooker. She also does a chocolate banana version which is good as well.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]