The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By smartie
dutch wrote:Anyone get the tesco ones you had to collect the stickers for?

We got the full set with the block, think it cost about £30, from £100, seriously impressed.
I got those, not too bad actually. Have to sharpen them now and again but they are good value for the cash.
By smartie
Saw some global blocks in Costco the other day, 6 knives iirc but I cant remember how much they were. :lol:
By J
Tk max sabiture 3 in a pack for £15 and get a sharping steel at the same time. After a year or two dispose and repeat. Good for dishwashers as well.
By Evostance
J wrote:Tk max sabiture 3 in a pack for £15 and get a sharping steel at the same time. After a year or two dispose and repeat. Good for dishwashers as well.
I saw those. Are they any good? Pack of 3 for £15 sounds like cheap shite :lol:

They also had Global knifes. Think I saw a G66 for £70
By J
Not up to £300 knife spec but I use mine all the time without too many problems.

They still slice through soft squiggly tomatoes without pulping them and they still cut through pig skin the same as a Stanley blade so for what I want I am happy.

Perhaps one day I will treat myself to one or two fantastic knives as I tend to use the same 2 or 3 knives for almost everything.

For £15 I was happy to try.
By Pee Zed
Victorinox do good knives. Wustoff are slightly cheaper and amazing too.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]