The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Just Dirk
Whenever I do a curry from scratch I always wing it and not always a success..

Anyone have any good proven spice potions worth a try??

Hot and not as women need to eat too sometimes [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By J
I started the other day with a beef stew which was lacking in the taste front so I added powdered coriander, powdered ginger, madras curry powder, chilly flakes, powdered cumin and almost a tin of coconut milk. I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon of each.

It was so yummy that I made a sausage casserole with the same mix last night and also added paprika.

Or this

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-coo ... en-minutes
By karl
tablespoon of corriander seeds, cumin seeds, roast in pan. then grind up with a tbsp of paprika, garlic, garam massala, then half a tbsp of mint, one teaspoon of chilli powder and a half of turmuric.

to the above, add half a cup of vinegar, tablespoon of tomato puree, lemon juice, soya sauce and a tea spoon of brown sugar, a table spoon of ground almonds and a chunk of coconut solids.

put in a pan with a sliced onion, fry up with chicken/lamb/prawns, add 200mls of double cream and four table spoons if natural yoghurt.

simmer for 30 mins and serve with rice/nans etc
Last edited by karl on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gravy
Try the BBC Food website, ftw! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Couple of years back I did Anthony Worrall Thompson's turkey curry recipe ... a little long-winded, but a truly epic turkey curry :salut:
By Cat
Paste
1 tbsp ground coriander
0.5 tbsp ground cumin
0.5 tsp turmeric
0.25 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp chilli powder (more/less if desired)
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (to help blend into a paste)

Fry off 1 chopped onion.
Fry paste for 1 min.
Add 500g diced lamb shoulder and brown. (also made this with beef brisket)
Add around 300ml stock. (I mix lamb and chicken stock)
1 tbsp tomato puree.
1 - 2 tsp brown sugar.
Bring to the boil.
Check and season as required.

Simmer for about an hour with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
For the last 15 mins remove the lid to help reduce and thicken the sauce.
By Cat
I'd say moderately hot but it depends on taste I suppose. You can always start with half a tsp of chilli powder then add more add half way through if you think it's too mild.

Or if it's too hot for someone give them some natural yogurt which will kill the heat a bit.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]