The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Just Dirk
Just made this and took pics too :bday: Have had for breakfast on occasion but as a starter tonight [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Need:

Smoked Salmon (I used a pack for each but that's loads)
Crème Fraîche
Egg
Salt
Pepper
Muffins
Butter

Lightly oil a ramekin

Line with smoked salmon

Add a teaspoon of crème fraîche

Pinch of salt and pepper, is quite a salty dish so can do without salt

Add an egg

Fold over salmon

I cook on 190 fan for 20-25 mins, 25 gives hard yolk I believe less will give you runny

Loosen around the dish with a knife in case it's stuck, turn out onto plate

Serve with buttered hot toasted muffin

By jymmm
looks awesome that [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

might have to swing by the food market shop thing on the say home
Last edited by jymmm on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By J
Smoked salmon and poached egg on toast 2 or 3 times a week for me. I like to think it's a healthier option to a full English.
By Just Dirk
dutch wrote:Looks good Will make this next weekend, doing chicken liver pate today.

Tesco are doing salmon filets in oven bags with a choice of butter for a quid :-D
Cheap cheap!! :)
By jymmm
Gave these a try. Not with out its charms but cooking smoked salmon is a bit sacrilegious. Poached/scrambled egg with fresh raw smoked salmon is still the daddy.
By Just Dirk
jymmm wrote:Gave these a try. Not with out its charms but cooking smoked salmon is a bit sacrilegious. Poached/scrambled egg with fresh raw smoked salmon is still the daddy.
I eat a fair bit of the salmon throughout the prep phase :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]