The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Cockpiss Analfist
mince beef
beef dripping
salt and pepper

mix gently, form into brugers, put into vacuum bags and seal. (or get your butcher to vacuum pack them for you)

drop into water at 60 degrees C for one hour or two if quite thick. Remove, consume, fap.

flame grilled- my personal method:

minced aberdeen Angus
dripping
diced shallots/red onions
garlic
herbs
worcester sauce
dijon mustard
salt and pepper
fish sauce ( nam pla)
eggs
breadcrumbs (optional)
Teaspoon peanut butter

Sweat shallots, garlic and herbs in a little ground nut oil, drain off on a J cloth. Pat dry. mix into all other ingredients.

form patties and rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow them to set. If you miss this step and cook them straight away they will probably fall apart.

Flame grill both sides briefly then finish in the oven until desired cooking degree.
By algreene
I just do beef, onions, red peppers, Parmesan, S and P, and an egg or two. Mix, make patties, refrigerate. Nice..
By Cockpiss Analfist
algreene wrote:I just do beef, onions, red peppers, Parmesan, S and P, and an egg or two. Mix, make patties, refrigerate. Nice..

:salut: cant go wrong really.

If you can try the vac pac method (sous vide) you will not be dissapointed :cool:
By algreene
Home made burgers cannot be beat.

And that's the bottom line, because Stonecold said so...
By algreene
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
algreene wrote:I just do beef, onions, red peppers, Parmesan, S and P, and an egg or two. Mix, make patties, refrigerate. Nice..

:salut: cant go wrong really.

If you can try the vac pac method (sous vide) you will not be dissapointed :cool:
I don't know how or why you would do that..
By Cockpiss Analfist
I used to think that.

I was like "wtf is with all this putting things in bag and cooking them slowly for hours bollox?"

Then I ate one and was all like "oh mai fukcing daiz"
By algreene
JAE next year..

Do it! :bigthumb:
By J
Mince 500g
Garlic 1 clove
Shallots 1 large 2 small
Cumin seeds big tea spoon
Coriander seeds big tea spoon
Pinch of dried chilli
Egg

Put cumin and coriander seeds into a hot dry pan and heat for a minute or tow. Remove and crush in a pestle and mortar, add to mince. Finally chop onion and garlic and add that to the mince along with the dried chilli. Add egg and mix with your hands.

Divide mix into 3 or 4 balls and pat into burger shapes try to make sure mix is firm so it doesn’t fall apart.

Pop into frying pan and cook till done

Add slice of cheese should you want

Pop into bun with salad, pickles and sauce of your choice.

Shove into your gob and wonder why you have been buying dirty burgers when these are so easy to do.
By jymmm
My 2pence

If you partially blended the onion & mince with the garlic, coriander, seasoning, and the egg you get a good consistency to the patty.

Also pre sweat the onions and use more garlic. :)
By J
My blenders are all packed deep deep undercover atm. :lol:
By pulpmelon_r
jymmm wrote:My 2pence

If you partially blended the onion & mince with the garlic, coriander, seasoning, and the egg you get a good consistency to the patty.

Fry the spices, then blend everything with an egg, then work in the mince you say?
By karl
mince/quorn
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
0.5 tsp cumin
0.5 tsp turmeric
1 tsp dried mint
1 egg
1 tbsp tomato purée
0.5 cup chick peas, mashed
1 onion, finely grated
25 mins in oven or pan
pita bread/bap/bread of choice
nom with gusto
Last edited by karl on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By karl
flavour and binding, they mash into a flour, lentils are equally as good

mine will be ready in 10 mins :yum:
By jymmm
pulpmelon_r wrote:
jymmm wrote:My 2pence

Fry the spices, then blend everything with an egg, then work in the mince you say?

Spices?! This is a burger.

Fry the onions soften them up. Add seasoning. let cool

garlic, coriander, seasoning, egg and onions. Blend. Add the mince and blend slightly (careful now)

Ball up make into patties

No need to add any binding other than the egg mix and subtle blending of the meat
By J
All you cunts with kitchens fuck off :bad-words:
By pulpmelon_r
J wrote:All you cunts with kitchens fuck off :bad-words:

Grated the onion & garlic and used corriander seeds with cumin (plus salt & pepper) - was pretty decent IMO

Not sold on paprika and mint though..
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]