The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By NyseriA
Homemade burgers (as in, everything except raw ingredients!) for me tonight.

Quite fatty beef, minced with parsley, finely chopped red onions, mustard, tomato sauce, egg yolk and, rather than salt, oyster sauce.

Was going to make them into juicy lucys but since the kids are having them too, don't want to scald their faces off, so will be topping with generous grilled cheese and back bacon. Lettuce, beef tomatoes and corn relish. Made my own bread too.

Was going to do some chips, but think that the monster burgers will be enough :lol:

Any favourite hints or tips from the CTRO foodies? :salute:
By eatthis
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:For sweetness, add a little sherger. :salut:
:lol:
By danneth
Did some the other day, I'm awful at cooking and they don't look the best but they tasted bang on...

From jamie olivers book, mustard, ale ( i used lager lol ) and beef

By Sedge
Make the patty twice as big as you want them to end up and cool them for a hour or so in the freezer. Then cook on a high heat with no oil. It'll shrink to half it's size to fit your bun. Om nom.
Last edited by Sedge on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed fridge to freezer.
By yella
onion and cranberries, plenty of em too with seasoning
By PH47MF
Smoked bacon and cheddar double Angus from burger king :salut: :yum:
By jymmm
cook at room temp.

same as a steak [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]