The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Shappers
This recipe is taken from Nigella (filth) and is an interesting take on how to cook a Gammon joint (ham). I must admit, I don’t like it when its cold as its too sweet; but warm its delicious.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5-3 hours depending on joint size

2 Kilogram gammon (unsalted)
1 onion, peeled and chopped into halves
2 litre bottle of full fat coca-cola
Handful of cloves
1 tablespoon black treacle or Honey
2 Teaspoon Mustard
Demerara sugar

Method:

Place the gammon in a large saucepan, fat side down. Cover in the coke. The coke should cover the whole joint. Add the onions around the ham.
Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a strong simmer. Place the lid on, but not tightly, and simmer for 2.5hours.
If your joint is bigger/smaller, work it out as about an hour per KG, plus a little extra. If you use a joint straight from the fridge, add another 15 minutes. (I tend to cook 1kg joint for 90 minutes)
Take the joint out the saucepan, and remove the excess fat, leaving a very small layer. Score into large diamonds, and stud each diamond with a clove.
Mix together the honey and mustard, and baste the Ham. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
Place in the oven at around 180 until the sugar is bubbling. You can reglaze if you want, but I don’t find it needs it.

Carve into thick slices and serve.
By yella
feck me, this sounds healthy,,,,,,,,2 litres of full fat coke plus extra sugar
By J
I add tons of fruit and skip the sugar.

I haven't cooked one for over a year now.
By rico83
bornlucky1 wrote:
jymmm wrote:Needs rum

Rum ham !
Boost gauge is a nice touch.
:laughabove:

Looks amazing - I hate this new forum section!!! :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]