The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Shappers
Hi all,

Another slow cooker favourite in my house, especially good now that the winters are closing in. This is the simplest desert to do, with minimal preparation, but it’s worth waiting for. Whilst it’s cooking away you’ll get a lovely waft of warm milk through the house, which is fantastic.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours

100g Pudding rice (you can use risotto rice if you can’t find pudding rice, it works just as well. In fact, I actually prefer it with risotto rice, but the other half likes pudding rice…)
650ml Whole milk
250ml double cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla pod, split)
50g caster sugar
Pinch of salt
Small amount of unsalted butter

Method

Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pot with the unsalted butter
Combine all ingridents in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours
Stir after 30 minutes to ensure all are combined, and check it every hour to ensure it’s not sticking to the bottom.

Grate some nutmeg over the top, Serve and enjoy!
Last edited by Shappers on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Sainsburys buying the gear now. 650ml of milk doesn't sound a lot, I have a family of 6, how many does this feed and can I just double the quantities of everything?
EvoStu wrote:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:This is full of win. :cool:
High praise indeed. :shock:

I'm going to have a stab at this as well. I knew this section would be a winner.
Agreed!
its a dirt cheap pud if you don't need to buy in sugar etc.

If it looks like it's drying out during cooking, just add some more milk. You'll be surprised how far 100G of rice goes, it really does suck it up. Just keep an eye on the rice catching on the bottom of the slow cooker.

Let me know how you get on.
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:flip it, im going shopping now :lol:

dont have a slow cooker though :(
Just for you…
Add milk, cream and vanilla pods to saucepan and heat until bubbles just appear around the edges of the pan. Stir in the rest of the ingridents. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Transfer to a ovenproof dish (which you’ve pre-greased… obviously!) Dot the top with a small amount of butter.

Cover with foil/lid and bake for 45 minutes at 150C. Remove from oven and gently stir. Return to oven for another 30minutes and stir again. This time scrape all the rice from the bottom of the dish if its stuck.

Bake for another hour (lid off if you like skin, or on if you don’t!) Keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t dry out… add milk if it does.

(NOTE: I’ve not tried this in the oven!)
Shappers wrote:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:flip it, im going shopping now :lol:

dont have a slow cooker though :(
Just for you…
Add milk, cream and vanilla pods to saucepan and heat until bubbles just appear around the edges of the pan. Stir in the rest of the ingridents. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Transfer to a ovenproof dish (which you’ve pre-greased… obviously!) Dot the top with a small amount of butter.

Cover with foil/lid and bake for 45 minutes at 150C. Remove from oven and gently stir. Return to oven for another 30minutes and stir again. This time scrape all the rice from the bottom of the dish if its stuck.

Bake for another hour (lid off if you like skin, or on if you don’t!) Keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t dry out… add milk if it does.

(NOTE: I’ve not tried this in the oven!)

:lol: :-D thanks lol

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]