The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
Potatoes.

chip them.

beef dripping.

Put beef dripping in a pan and heat to about 110 degs C

add your raw chips.

Cook until softish. (about 10 - 15 mins)

Drain.

Chill in the fridge dor at least an hour.

add to the hot dripping again at 130 degs C

cook for 7 mins

drain

chill for 1 hour.

Crank the dripping to 170- 180

fry the chips until golden brown.

Drain, season liberally.

Eat.

I have just ruined all chips under the sun ( apart from those rare places that cook them this way) forever.

Now you will eat Mcdonalds/KFC/Burger king chips and be like "wtf is this shIITe? YOU CALL THESE CHIPS?????????? I CALL THEM AIDS"

:ymca:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:Can you not use olive/sun flower oil to do this?

Only if you want them to be of lesser quality and taste.

Nothing beats beef dripping triple cooked chips.

Flol at too much time/hassle.

You get out what you put in.
You get heart disease out. :lol:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:2 1/2hr cooking time slightly takes the piss tbh. Might aswell walk to the chippy...

Yeah because bought in precooked chips cooked in the cheapest vegetable oil (which the owner runs his car on) are FTW

Lol. :salut:
Lol, I know they wouldnt be on par with your gourmet option but depends on your lifestyle and how much time you have i suppose. For me, chips are normally a quick, cheap option unless I'm at a restuarant/pub.

Got to admit the thought of those chips with a battered Haddock does sound nice though.

What are peoples thoughts on reusing chip fat? I dont own a deep fat frier but some of our friends do, and they say its ok to keep the oil for next time. That just sounds ferherkin minging to me. :-|
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]