The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By EvoStu
TEGIWA IMPORTS wrote:Started reading this, and now tucking into my lunch at 11.30am.

FFS Stu! :lol:
:lol:

Its a cracking recipe! :cool:
By EvoStu
Sedge wrote:This is in the slow cooker for tonight... Om nom nom nom.
It's epic. Enjoy.
By Sedge
EvoStu wrote:
Sedge wrote:This is in the slow cooker for tonight... Om nom nom nom.
It's epic. Enjoy.
Omg om nom nom! Lovely, thanks for sharing [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By sn:afu
Sounds awesome, will have to give this a go!
By EvoStu
Cat wrote:Noob question as I've only ever made pulled pork in the oven.

Do I leave the rind on the pork shoulder while in the slow cooker and remove after, like I do in the oven?
Yup you leave the fat on. In fact most of it will melt into the pork after 12 hours cooking.
By Sedge
As requested in the other thread:
Stueys pulled pork with fries, peas, sweatcorn and onion rings :cool:
By Cat
Made this overnight on Thursday and while it was very tasty some of the bbq sauce got burnt onto the side of my slow cooker.

I've soaked the thing all weekend and I just cannot get the burnt bits off. :sad:
Have I f*cked my slow cooker?
Anyone recommend any amazing cleaning product I can try?
By Sedge
Is it one with a removeable pot cooking pot?
We've had anything stick so much as that. Have you tried filling with water and leaving it on high?

Shappers - how long did yours cook for? You seem to have more sauce than ours. I like sauce.
By Cat
Sedge wrote:Is it one with a removeable pot cooking pot?
We've had anything stick so much as that. Have you tried filling with water and leaving it on high?
Yeah it is removable. Might try the leaving it on high idea.
Nothing ususally sticks as much, I added some treacle to the bbq mix and wonder if that's why.
By EvoStu
Cat wrote:
Yeah it is removable. Might try the leaving it on high idea.
Nothing ususally sticks as much, I added some treacle to the bbq mix and wonder if that's why.
From eHow.
How to Clean a Crock Pot Easily:

Many crock pot users enjoy the convenience of this kitchen tool, but the dirty secret of them is that they can be a major hassle to clean after those delicious meals they prepare. It is such a hassle, some may avoid using their crock pots because of it. Soaking and scrubbing may help some, but most of the time there is still food residue remaining. In an effort to make this annoying task easier for cooks, Reynold's has introduced slow cooker liners on the market. There's no need to spend the money on these if you don't have to. Also, some consumers may be concerned about this product leaching into their food. There is an easier way!

Instructions & Things You'll Need:

crock pot including lid
water

Step 1
Fill the dirty crock pot insert with water above the line of where the food was. Put the lid on the crock pot.

Step 2
Turn it on the highest setting and 'cook' the water until it comes to a boil. Depending on your individual crock pot, this may take several hours.

Step 3
Turn the crock pot off and let it cool down some. Remove the insert and wash with a sponge or scrubber. The caked on food should come off easily with minimal scrubbing.
By J
Soak it in hot water and dishwasher powder. That always works for me.
By Shappers

Shappers - how long did yours cook for? You seem to have more sauce than ours. I like sauce.
Mine was beef (may make a difference?) and was cooked for 12 hours in total, 1 hour with the lid off and turned up High.

I added about 250ml of Passata too, as it didn't feel like enough sauce to cook the brisket in. Also, I made up the BBQ Sauce the day before, as was having a heavy session and didn't fancy mixing up sauces at 7am haha.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]