The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By bluntcap
Well I'll admit I'm not a big fan of it, but the odd thing that I'm good at I enjoy. As the missus was away for a week and so were my parents my sister and I decided to make some nice home-made goodness for them for getting home.

Made some Rocky roads last night :yum: And just finished making my home made sausage rolls :yum: There in the fridge for 30 minutes until they go into the oven. My sister is making her home made banana bread :-D

Any of you guys make things? Nothing major just one or two "comfort" food type things that you don't make too often but's 100% home made?
By bluntcap
Jake wrote::ymca:
Just because you can't cook :badrazz:
Newannaive wrote:I like eating.
Indeed........but do you like cooking what you eat....or are you still living with mum and get it all made for you?
By bluntcap
tailwhip2000 wrote:the fcuk are rocky roads?
Melt down 200g of cadburys chocolate.......add 75g of small marsh mallows.....75g of chopped up brazil nuts, leave over night to harden. F**king immense!!!!! Want a picture?
By Lucky7
bluntcap wrote:
Melt down 200g of cadburys chocolate.......add 75g of small marsh mallows.....75g of chopped up brazil nuts, leave over night to harden. F**king immense!!!!! Want a picture?
Is that your idea of baking?

Mixing 3 things together and putting it in the fridge?
By bluntcap
Jake wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
Is that your idea of baking?

Mixing 3 things together and putting it in the fridge?
I was more referring to the home made sausage rolls......but I also made the rocky roads so I just included them. But I know how miserable you are Jake so I expected nothing less from you :-D
By tailwhip2000
bluntcap wrote:
i would rather you post me one so i can try :-D
By bluntcap
tailwhip2000 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
:lol: I have 16 sitting here......going be a good afternoon :yum:
By tailwhip2000
bluntcap wrote:
tailwhip2000 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
:lol: I have 16 sitting here......going be a good afternoon :yum:
you can spare one for me then, yes?
By Hooj
I quite enjoy cooking blunt - just simple things like making my own burgers for a BBQ, making the odd cake or shortbread etc... I make a mean chilli too and I can do top lamb shanks :smile:

I just started getting back into black/white pudding. Makes the best breakfast sandwiches ever... bacon, sausage, fried egg + black pudding :yum:
By bluntcap
Hooj wrote:I quite enjoy cooking blunt - just simple things like making my own burgers for a BBQ, making the odd cake or shortbread etc... I make a mean chilli too and I can do top lamb shanks :smile:

I just started getting back into black/white pudding. Makes the best breakfast sandwiches ever... bacon, sausage, fried egg + black pudding :yum:
There you go, good man yourself :thumbup: That's what I mean, I love doing home made burgers and meat balls :thumbup:
By Bon
tailwhip2000 wrote:you can spare one for me then, yes?
I challenge you to only eat one of those things and not want MOAR.

My sis-in-law makes them and I've had to make her swear to never tell me or my wife how she makes them as they are the Devil's work!!

I make too much mes when I cook according to my mrs so she assumes responsibility for week nights and I'm let loose at the weekends. I do a mean Sunday Roast and also a nice chicken with creamy mushroom, onion, white wine & tarragon sauce with tagliatelli.
By smartie
I bake all sorts since I stopped buying the processed crap from supermarkets, flapjacks, fig rolls, almond biscuits, chocolate biscuits, scones, at least I know what goes into them. :smile: Wife is a big cake/bun maker too. :thumbup: But we have to restrict baking too much as home baking is just far far too nice and we end up eating too much. :lol:

Also pretty much cook everything as we don't buy any ready made junk any more.
By ClaireD1985
I like baking too, cup cakes, bailey's cheesecake, lemon & ginger desert, chocolate brownies all the things that aren't too good for you. Do cooking from scratch whatever I make generally sweet or savoury.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]