The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By ClaireD1985
Bon wrote:ClaireD1985 wrote:bailey's cheesecake

Sounds like something else I should never be taught how to make!!
It's really really good and very moreish. It always goes really quickly when I make it for everyone at work
By Mr Anderson
I like cooking for the mrs, usually make a big batch and freeze the rest for days when she's on her own and cant be bothered cooking for one. Nothing too fancy, just lasagne, chilli, goulash etc. All made from scratch though, none of your stir in sauce shite.
By tailwhip2000
i simply can't be fcuked to cook properly:

a) as i dont REALLY know how to - but following instructions can't be that hard?
b) i find it pointless taking all the time and effort to bake/cook food for just one person
c) it takes me about 3 hours to shop for ingredients, prepare, make, cook the food etc, and about 2 mins to eat it all, and then i have a massive fooking mess to clean up

recently i have started to wash up once the food is cooked and on the plate, as the food is still loose in the pots and pans and comes off easier.
By tailwhip2000
im crap with timings though, thats my major downfall.

like if im in a rush and just want something quick like beans and scrambled egg on toast, i will put the eggs in the microwave at the same time as putting the bread in the toaster and the beans on the hob, lol.

i end up with burnt toast, underdone eggs and dodgy beans lol
By J
Love it. I am good at biscuits.

The thing is you cant guess at the quantize like you can with a curry.
By Gravy
mat wrote:
tailwhip2000 wrote:wallpaper paste table FTW

not really tbh, it burst into flames halfway through cooking, much to the delight of the CTROC crowd :lol:
:lol:

I love cooking, but I'm pretty rubbish at it :oops:
Made a great (or so I thought) 'version' of carbonara the other night with fresh local roasted veggies, awesome pancetta and a bit of conciglione pasta.
I liked it anyway ... my beloved and his evil mother weren't quite so enthused ... swines ... took me all bloody afternoon :sad:
By xdcx
Me and the Mrs get crazy urges for home baking and decide to bake stuff at 1am etc :lol:

We made fairy cakes which was awesome because I get to lick the bowls when she is done with them. Icing bowl ftw.

Made a Snickers cheesecake as well, that was awesome. And then some panacakes which were nice.

Going to make caramel shortcake on our holidays :salut:
By J
I am getting my mrs on the fairy cakes when she gets home. She is the queen of fairycakes :thumbup:

Do you like icing on top or just plain.?
By xdcx
J wrote:I am getting my mrs on the fairy cakes when she gets home. She is the queen of fairycakes :thumbup:

Icing all the way dude. Icing is probably the best part!!

I think I am going have to get her making something as well, mouths watering thinking about cakes. She's a legend in the kitchen :thumbup:
By J
SCARDINO wrote:This afternoon I baked a madeira cake (a la nigella) and gingerbread men!
Meanwhile you ho was feet up on the sofa doing sweet FA :lol:
By Bon
tailwhip2000 wrote:im crap with timings though, thats my major downfall.

like if im in a rush and just want something quick like beans and scrambled egg on toast, i will put the eggs in the microwave at the same time as putting the bread in the toaster and the beans on the hob, lol.

i end up with burnt toast, underdone eggs and dodgy beans lol
Timelines FTW! My very first culinery attempts were executed with military precision. To be fair though, once you get the hang of it, you don't need to bother.

I got a desserts book for xmas last year. This thread is making me want to dig it out!!
By smartie
xdcx wrote:
J wrote:I am getting my mrs on the fairy cakes when she gets home. She is the queen of fairycakes :thumbup:

I think I am going have to get her making something as well, mouths watering thinking about cakes. She's a legend in the kitchen :thumbup:
Butterfly cakes with butter cream are the pinnacle of the fairy cake. :yum:
By ClaireD1985
smartie wrote:
xdcx wrote:

Propper cup cakes with buttercream icing and fancy decorations and glitter lol. Maybe I should make some for Jap show finale..... way to break the ice with a bunch of people I've never met, feed them cake....
By xdcx
smartie wrote:
xdcx wrote:

Kindly noted my good man :lol: :salut:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]