The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By eatthis
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
scot wrote:Agreed. Unless your Stu, who counts the digits in the price before deciding if it is expensive enough for him
I sell them mate. I don't pay full price for them. :lol: And FYI, I don't pay full price for anything.......I'm a tight fisted tw*t when it comes to money. :lol:

so Stu.. how much would a set of these knives cost.. if for example the ones that I have had in the kitchen for the last 13 years had recently started to snap and take fingers off in the process :shouldbeinteresting:
I have to be honest and say the perfect set of knives for me would be a combo of different manufacturers. Some are good at one particular type of knife but then not good at others.
Geez... I just want a set of metal things that will cut stuff whilst not cutting me...

Secondary use would be defence against home invasion
what you really need is a bayonet or maybe even a katana
By cheapskate
eatthis wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Ever tried to dice an onion with a katana?

It's bloódy difficult, I can tell you!
By eatthis
cheapskate wrote:
eatthis wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

oh i doubt that :lol:
By cheapskate
karl wrote:I have only a cleaver and use it for everything, fags
I use a cleaver a lot too.

Very useful for dismembering the bodies of home invaders for easy and discrete disposal. Good thing there's a pig farm just down the road.
By cheapskate
eatthis wrote:
cheapskate wrote:
eatthis wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Try it. You too can have 0.8 index finger and thumb - just like me.
By eatthis
cheapskate wrote:
eatthis wrote:
cheapskate wrote:
eatthis wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Try it. You too can have 0.8 index finger and thumb - just like me.
youve learned to type quite well considering :salut:
By GMballistic
dcep3 wrote:KAI knives any good? Some in TK Maxx for £16
Japanese make but usually there knives are more expensive than that I thought, :scratch: ...or is that price just for a "Peeler" or something? :lol: :-D

Kai knives have an unmistakable degree of recognition around the world in the cutlery sector. Using over 100 years of experience they have developed a reputation for outstanding quality and sharpness. The Kai Shun series are ideal to be used by top professionals and amateur chefs alike.

Kai Knives have long had a cult status in Japan, with one of their specialities being Japanese Chefs knives. The designs are based on the old art of Japanese sword forging, however with numerous technical innovations and the attention to detail regarding the aesthetic quality of their products they have become the knives which are loved today. It is this design and history which give Kai knives their undeniable global recognition.

Shun knives are made from 32 layers of the highest quality Damascus steel, with an inner layer made of V-Gold-10-Steel. This material is extremely high and highly corrosion resistant which gives the blade its sharpness which can’t be beaten. Alongside this, the knives are highly resistant to damage and are well-balanced making even the most tiresome work seem easy. These specially designed knives are able to cut through even the toughest foods.

The handles of Kai Knives are ergonomically designed so that they fit snugly into the palm of your hand. The handles are made from fine laminated Pakka wood, which make them more comfortable to use. These Japanese knives have a single edged blade which provides professional and amateur chefs alike with a unique cutting experience, which they will struggle to find anywhere else.
:salut:
By J
dcep3 wrote:KAI knives any good? Some in TK Maxx for £16
No they fall apart.
By J
The handle and blade part company and in my case almost went through my wrist. Not good.

What you want is a blade that runs through the handle. I am looking for a guide that I found a while back.
By J
J wrote:The handle and blade part company and in my case almost went through my wrist. Not good.

What you want is a blade that runs through the handle. I am looking for a guide that I found a while back.
Here we are

http://johndlee.hubpages.com/hub/Chefs_ ... hefs_knife
You do want the knife to be a full tang handle type. This means that the blade extends all the way through the handle as one solid single piece of steel. This makes the knives virtually indestructible, and the handle will never separate from the blade.
By Magnificent_one
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
scot wrote:Agreed. Unless your Stu, who counts the digits in the price before deciding if it is expensive enough for him
I sell them mate. I don't pay full price for them. :lol: And FYI, I don't pay full price for anything.......I'm a tight fisted tw*t when it comes to money. :lol:

so Stu.. how much would a set of these knives cost.. if for example the ones that I have had in the kitchen for the last 13 years had recently started to snap and take fingers off in the process :shouldbeinteresting:
I have to be honest and say the perfect set of knives for me would be a combo of different manufacturers. Some are good at one particular type of knife but then not good at others.
Geez... I just want a set of metal things that will cut stuff whilst not cutting me...

So what is a good set of knives ? Pretty much the same needs like mjhamilton.
Talk to me Stu [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote: I sell them mate. I don't pay full price for them. :lol: And FYI, I don't pay full price for anything.......I'm a tight fisted tw*t when it comes to money. :lol:

So what is a good set of knives ? Pretty much the same needs like mjhamilton.
Talk to me Stu [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Depends on what you regard as a good set of knives. Some people think expensive knives are pointless, however in terms of quality you do get what you pay for.
By dcep3
I've just bought a Zwilling Motion 20cm chefs knife rrp £60 but I got it for £11, really good knife too

By jymmm
dcep3 wrote:I've just bought a Zwilling Motion 20cm chefs knife rrp £60 but I got it for £11, really good knife too

Link?
By Stevo07
dcep3 wrote:from TK Maxx I'm afraid, it's worth going there for knives if nothing else
I've picked up a few bargains in there over the years.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]