The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a recipe to share? It doesn't matter if its cheesy beans on toast or Foie Gras, or maybe some cooking tips that could make Heston Blumenthal look like a rank amateur? Then post them in here and let the world know.
By Superbully
Papillon wrote:
Ali wrote:
Papillon wrote: Is it just us Kentishmen and Men of Kent who have experienced this delicacy?

Yup, just the hicks and rednecks....
How dare you sir! We have defended you in your frozen north for centuries, by air and sea. Those of us from the Cinque Ports have ancestors that kept the kingdom safe. Well. Most of the time. A few times the King didn't co-operate and we burned his fleet, but generally speaking... :wink:
Cinque ports geezer here too :salut:
By Ali
Papillon wrote:
Ali wrote:
Papillon wrote: Is it just us Kentishmen and Men of Kent who have experienced this delicacy?

How dare you sir! We have defended you in your frozen north for centuries, by air and sea. Those of us from the Cinque Ports have ancestors that kept the kingdom safe. Well. Most of the time. A few times the King didn't co-operate and we burned his fleet, but generally speaking... :wink:
You'll probably find that we were siding with them at the time and probably invited them over just to annoy you... :wink:
By FireDance
I love gypsy tart :thumbup:

its one of the best puddings ever that doesnt have chocolate in it :lol: i dont know the recipe though, but wish i did!!!
By FireDance
:oops: serves me right for skim reading while watching tv!!! :oops:

cheers for that :WOOT
By Papillon
Ali wrote:
Papillon wrote:
Ali wrote:

You'll probably find that we were siding with them at the time and probably invited them over just to annoy you... :wink:
This is true. You always were traitors :wink:
By Ali
Papillon wrote: This is true. You always were traitors :wink:
That would rather depend on your definition of allegiance. :wink:
By evilowl
Gypsy tart is too sweet for my liking, I didn't realise it was a local thing.

Man of Kent here :salut:
By dandemoraliser
Papillon wrote:
Tec wrote:I'm born and bred Kent (note the spelling) and I've never heard it.
Hmm. Not from Sheppey or something are you? :lol:
umm swampies....... :smile:
By teq
dandemoraliser wrote:
Papillon wrote:
lol. Unfortunately I'm on good old Sheppey at the moment...more unfortunately I work here...luckily I don't have to live here though. *snobbery*

On topic, I've heard of it indeed, even had it a few times, having lived in Kent all my life. None of the chaps or ladies from uni (University of kent) when I was there had heard of it though, and 90% of them were from outside of Kent...so I would say you are right!
By dandemoraliser
teq wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:
Papillon wrote:
lol. Unfortunately I'm on good old Sheppey at the moment...more unfortunately I work here...luckily I don't have to live here though. *snobbery*

On topic, I've heard of it indeed, even had it a few times, having lived in Kent all my life. None of the chaps or ladies from uni (University of kent) when I was there had heard of it though, and 90% of them were from outside of Kent...so I would say you are right!
One of my old girlfriends lived in Minster. Wasn't too bad until you went towards Laysdown......... :shock:
By andyd
Ive not had Gypsy tart in years. I've complete for about untill this thread. :lol:
By Papillon
It's in my head now. So the missus is cooking a gypsy tart tomorrow night bless her. She's a Kent girl too! :cooldude:
By FireDance
For those who want to cook Gypsy Tart, DO NOT use the Gary Rhodes recipe!!! Its horrible :puker:

They have been talking about it on This Morning today & they have a different recipe for it. I will try this one now :lol:

Also thy said it was a Kent recipe, but im from Surrey!!! Must of had a dinner cook from Kent at my school :lol:
By Papillon
Then you're obviously pretty unusual! Because based on this thread, it's only us Kent people that seem to be aware of it. :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]