The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
Hi,

Looking at selling my car as I'm in the process of buying a replacement. Had it since about 6 months from new. It has never missed a beat, never broken down. Has always been serviced by Honda every year. No expense has been spared on running it.

Basic specs are as follows:
  • Honda Civic Type-R (2004) in Nighthawk Black
  • Approx 75k miles
  • Aircon
  • Jackson Racing supercharger (fitted by CPL, increase of BHP from 197 to 296, new belt fitted a couple of months ago)
  • CPL Racing JRSC brace (stops stress on manifold)
  • 18” SSR Type-C RS alloy wheels in Volks bronze (custom made for the car)
  • J’s Racing 60RS titanium sports exhaust (full length not just the backbox, connects to manifold)
  • GruppeM induction air filter
  • Hondata K Pro ECU
  • TODA race manifold
  • Premier seats
  • JDM red carpet & mats
  • Black alcantara head lining & A pillars
  • Vinyl wrap in 3M gloss white
  • Tinted side & rear windows
  • 55W HID kit
  • Viper OLED LCD alarm with remote start, comfort lights
The bad points:
The wrap is a little bit shabby in a couple of places, notably the arches (shredded by stones), wing mirrors (peeling away slightly) and an area on the rear bumper. I'd say it doesn't really stand out - but I'm debating having it removed completely.. interested to hear opinions on whether people think it's better left on or not for sale?

The car is standard besides the mods listed above - i.e. standard clutch, brakes, etc. I don't drive like an idiot, it's my daily driver so I have needed it to be running. Having said that - the car would definitely benefit from an uprated clutch and LSD. It was something I had planned to do but never got round to it.

I have most of the standard parts still - e.g. old exhaust with CAT, etc.

Interested to hear thoughts - particularly about the wrap. Looking for a quick sale really, though I don't need to sell it.
Last edited by Durzel on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hovblackctr wrote:As is I would imagine around 7k. You would get more a lot more if you put back to standard especially as you have kept the standard parts.
Thanks. Glad to see you're still a part of the community :)

Unfortunately I don't have the original roof lining or carpet, so wouldn't be able to return it to 100% stock, at least not to the extent that a purist would want. I also don't really have the time to spend getting the JRSC, etc removed from the car. :(

Have booked the car in to get the wrap removed, will give it a valet and then stick up a FS post. Thanks!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]