The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
By *nub*
Just wondering what people's views are in case I go down another route, still love the car and have a mugen rep bonnet on the way but I'm considering a 370z in white. The urge to nismo is strong [emoji3]

Champ white edition 09 plate 41,000 miles. I'm the 2nd owner, FSH. Paintwork very very good and generally immaculate. I'd value the standard car around £9,500?

Supercharged & remapped to 340bhp/230lbft @ tdi north

CT engineering supercharger with chargercooler. Very rare and unique charger, more reliable than Rotrex, much more low down torque and it whines. With some more mods up to 370bhp and 250lbft is quite possible

- Tegiwa Mani
- Modified hybrid racing induction kit
- Solid fab custom 2.5" single exit super quiet cat back
- Brembo BBK, Ds2500 pads & 350z larger discs
- 18" Rays gram lights TA edition, very light and no kerbing.
CW OEM LSD
4.7 FD
Tein lowering springs and FRSU
Type R kits Mugen front, rear bumpers, grille and spoiler. Perfect quality replicas and perfectly matched in CW - you would not know it's not the real thing and transforms any FN2 into something special

A very capable car and well setup with 200lbft from 3500 rpm creating usable torque for cruising and daily driving. When racing It maintains full traction in 2nd gear in the dry. I.e, no messing around spinning, You can put your foot to the floor in 2nd gear and it will accelerate very quickly without losing traction thanks to the flat torque curve, 4.7FD, LSD and AD08s. Not many FWD boosted civics can utilise all power in 2nd gear without boost by gear.

So I was thinking I should surely get £12,500 for it? Possibly over £13,000? But I wouldn't want to be unrealistic. Way better than the equivalent Rotrex FN2, only a tdi turbo FN2 beats this IMO [emoji846]

Let me know what ya'll think

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in 11 minutes 33 seconds:
ImageImageImagehttps://vimeo.com/191895322Image

Last edited by *nub* on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
By *nub*
Yeah it doesn't sound expensive to me though considering some CWs are going for 9-10k as standard. It would be a bargain IMO!

By *nub*
Loxy wrote:Didn't see this thread coming.

Keep IMHO and buy a cheap MX5 as a daily.
There's never been an alternative car that appealed to me, except the 2015 370z nismo which I planned to get in the future. Then I realised I can get almost the same car for half the price. The FN2 is faster and better in many, many, ways but I'm sure you can appreciate the desire to experience a 3.7ltr V6. The RWD isn't even the main factor for me, it's the engine/exhaust sound plus the looks. I think a mugen CW looks fantastic on the road, but also so does a nismo. And a 370z has different character. Launching with RWD might be fun but I don't intend to do any drifting. It's just an idea at this point anyway, until test drive one I wouldn't commit and sell the FN2.

By Jktaylor87
If I wasn't waiting for my Mk3 Focus RS to arrive, I'd be doing my man maths to buy this. Pretty much the only FN2 and white car I'd ever be tempted with.

By *nub*
The car sold for 13.5k, I could have maybe got more in the summer if I was patient. The guy is very pleased with it and he sent me the money to it account without even seeing the car and paid for it to be transported. He is very pleased with it and he already had a standard CW and an MK2 focus RS, which was around 360bhp I think - yet my FN2 is slightly faster and would make a better track car. I do miss it a little and although the new owner is no novice, he did not know how unique this car is because of the charger which is rare, and one that's charge cooled is even rare. My new 370Z is remapped to around 345bhp and something like 280lbft peak torque. Yet my FN2 out performs the Z in every way, it is much faster and even the low down torque is similar. I can feel the Z has more torque but it's heavier so in reality the FN2 probably pulls a bit harder from 3000rpm or so. Even at high speeds the FN2 with its shorter gearing pulls a bit harder than my Z. The Z has great brakes but again, the brembos on my civic are at least as good, perhaps even better.
I will in time modify the Z further so if I can get 20bhp or so more then it'll be about the same ;)

By eastsoutheast
I know my reply is a little late in the day but just wanted to add the car looks fantastic and was worth every penny of the £13.5K it sold for. Had I been a member when first listed I would have been seriously interested.

Just had a couple of years with highly strung Mini's, great cars but quite fragile VS the robustness and dependability of a Honda!
By *nub*
Thank you. It was very unique in a number of ways and could put all of its power down, the looks and whine turn heads all day

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]