The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
I appreciate that buying a dedicated track car is only going to hit a certain market but I thought I would ask here for some expert advice to help me decide the fate of 'Jessica'. Yes, I name my cars.

I have been considering putting a 5.4/5.1 FD and cams to make her faster to achieve a 7:45 around the 'ring but my real goal is to do a sub 7:30 and without significant power increase i just don't think its possible. Not by me anyway.

I love N/A cars so I don't want to go FI. That leaves me in a predicament, do I mod as much as i can go N/A costing X thousands or buy say an e46 M3 and go from there. The e46 looks the best bet and due to wanting to gets some decent times in Spa probably the most sensible route.

She is the fastest ever car around the 'ring which show what a great package she is. An 8:02 is no mean feat as the previous record was an 8:15 that stood for around 4 years and with a more powerful car and FD etc.

I'd guess most of you have seen the car but if not here is the spec-

2003 Non A/C around 83k miles road legal MOT runs out July 2016
229bhp 170 ft/lbs mapped by Romain @ Eurospec
Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold
Tegiwa Catback
Injen CAI
Non ported RBC
Hondata K100
New Exedy OEM Clutch and fluid change
Fidanza lightweight Flywheel
MFactory Plated LSD
Clockwise baffled sump
Shortened steering arms
Inverted tie rod ends
Fully polybushed
innovative 75A engine/gearbox mounts
Camber bolts
Superpro Caster bush kit
Yellow speed track coilovers with Area Eibach springs
DME Rear camber arms
Tegiwa 24mm ARB
Stoptech 328mm BBK w/ Pagid RS29 Endurance pads
PBS rear pads
Fully stripped
Safety devices half cage
Personal snap off steering wheel and hub
I-Shift lights
Sparco Circuit VTR seat (winged)
Sparco Evo seat (Non winged for the road driving)
TRS 6 point harrnesses
Spare Enkei wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ03G 215/45/17 (Although prob only one trackday left in them)

She was serviced mostly by Honda til 50k miles then an indepent until 75k where Area motorsports and I took over.

Usual track maintain happened after ever track day of new Millers Nanodrive 5W40 oil and filter and Castrol SRF brake fluid bleed.

The body work is what you would expect for a track car, stone chips on the front bumper and the bonnet. Also a few dings in the wings (not by me). The rear bumper has also being modified for heat dissipation.

She is all about performance over looks. (she isn't that bad just not as immaculate as some cars on here)

I know people will say break her and recoup some costs but I will much prefer to keep her as she is so others can enjoy her. Yes, I have the standards brakes to put on but this about it.

To the price, I have invested around £12k inclusive of the car and she's turned out to be a stunner. I look at buying anything from the position of what would I pay for it knowing precisely its ability. Some people would see Michelin starred food as pretentious and overpriced crap. Others think its the height of cuisine etc.

To that end, I'm looking in the region of £6k. No doubt some of you will think that is overpriced and I welcome your reasoning behind it. To me this car has proven its speed, to me as a track car that is all that concerns me.

So how much for a very close to Civic Cup spec car that with a small investment could compete in that series and the fastest EP3 and FN2, N/A or FI to ever lap the Green Hell?

Your thoughts please.

Regards.

The build thread- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=286867

The lap- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDjQzPFRksc
I've always thought this about my car. Mines a similar spec but currently more civilised with a full interior (not for long)
Like you know, your market is very limited. I'd be looking at putting it for £6k and considering any offers over £5k. To many it's over priced for an old civic. But someone who knows about these cars will appreciate its value. It'll just take time to find that person.
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad i'm on the right track. You're definitely right, i'm going to have to wait for that right person but I expect i'm better off doing it sooner rather than later.

There aren't any other track ready EP3s out there apart from an £11k Cup car so I might get a bite.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]