The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
By vtecmark
Hi all
I am trying to decide whether to purchase a type r to use as an everyday hack. The problem is the car is a 1 doctor owner with only 12500 miles. My concerns are reliability of a vehicle that has only done 1000 miles in the last five years. The car has always been garaged and is imaculate even underneath is spotless with great Honda history and a uk car. If reliable this would be great low cost running but part of me feels a little guilty to be racking miles and getting the thing wet. I have owned a type s civic which retuned 44 mpg with 100% reliability for many years and another one would suffice if I could find one and I have tried. So the question is how much should I pay taking into account what is likley to go wrong because of its sheltered life.

Thanks mark

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]