The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Want an honest evalution from our resident CTRO salesmen on your CTR or related good? Ask in here. Usual answer will be followed by an "i call dibs".
By CFA
Been a long, long while since I have posted on here and now I am back I am being cheeky but I need some advice.

I have fallen in love with a new car and I must have it, next weekend I will be joining the waiting list for a new Golf R. This means my Type R will be surplus to requirements.

I am looking to sell probably in around 4 months time and I thought the car would be worth around £1500, I was offered £1k trade in. But I have been on autotrader and seen cars with more mileage for around £2500. Thought I would use you guys expertise to give me a good starting point in terms of price when I come to advertise.

The car:

Honda Civic Type R 2001.
Silver
No service History (previous owner had lost the service book, I have cared for and looked after this car it has been serviced properly every 12 months)
Totally standard car no modifications.
Still looks great.
When it comes to the sale it will have around 140k on the clock, 12 months MOT 5 Months tax and 4 good tyres.
Still pulls like a train and never once let me down ever!
I have had the car 4 years and am a smoke and pet free human.

Bad bits:
Slight rusting of the door sill where previous owner trapped seat belt in the door.
Drivers seat is looking a bit worn.
The rear window wiper was broker off in a car wash.
The drivers sun visor fell off and hit me on the head so is no longer there.
One of the alloys in slightly buckled.

Thanks for looking [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By bluntcap
Take the £1K trade in and run.

With no service history, bit of rush, parts having broken and fallen off, there's much better examples out there for a bit more money. And being on 140K with no service history, I can't see many people even giving the car a 2nd look.

Could be a good track car for someone though, who's looking to pop a built engine in and isn't worried about the practicalities. Even then it'll still only be worth about £1K in my opinion.
By CFA
Thanks for the opinions.

I might try it at as private first and then if no interest I will look at the trade in.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]