The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By Civic_b0y
Hey guys,

After having so much hassle with my civic, I've decided it's time to move on!

I've spent a lot of time and effort on the car but it's constantly breaking!

Looking for something similar to the civic don't care if it's less powerful or more powerful just want something fun! Bought a 323i se bmw as a daily might even use that as a fun car for abit till something catches my eye!

Have been looking at the little 172 clios but there must be something else aswell?

Thanks

Mike
By Civic_b0y
I've owned the car for years, I really did enjoy it.

But I've done 3 gearboxes, it's had two clutches a lot of other normal wear and tear parts it's been fun but after my gearbox failing after just 200 miles I give up!
By 15repyt
Civic_b0y wrote:I've owned the car for years, I really did enjoy it.

But I've done 3 gearboxes, it's had two clutches a lot of other normal wear and tear parts it's been fun but after my gearbox failing after just 200 miles I give up!
You must be very unlucky because many people including myself have enjoyed up to 150k without any problems. Some people are even on the original clutch at that mileage, I suppose it goes a lot on how they've been treated.
By Civic_b0y
I did 27k miles in my first year of owning it was awesome all I did was a few suspension mods & a hks exhaust.

After that year I went a bit crazy and the gearbox went so took it to a very well known garage and had a new clutch, wavetrac lsd fitted and the box rebuilt went again after 3k miles,

Took it to another well known dealer car was off the road 10 months having work done. Once putting it all back together did 200 miles not even crazy driving just your normal and 6th pops out, 5ty doesn't wanna go in, 4th crunches, struggle to get out of first. From this point I give up.
By pulpmelon_r
I beat the living crap out of a tuned EP3 for years (105k miles)

9000 RPM rev limit, drag racing days at York + general pratting about.

Engine and gearbox never once gave me grief.

What the hell are you doing to kill 3 transmissions?
By Lewisgame
It seems gearbox issues come up when either you're running silly power or it's been apart previously for upgrades.
There's either an issue with the gearbox builder or the quality of parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]