The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By AdamB92
So I've been debating getting rid of the civic for a while now since I started a new job which is better paid and I can afford to run two cars. Since the civic has become a weekend / track toy anyway it's kinda been on my mind to upgrade and put a bit more money into a car.

A budget of upto 25k, I'd like to spend as close to that as realistically possible as I try to increase my value in cars every couple of years (yes I'm only looking to own for 2-3 years). Looking for something that's probably around 300bhp, handles well and can be used as a track day car if desired. I don't want something thats high maintenance, or stupidly expensive to run due to being only kept for a relatively short period. It also must have reasonable resale value for this reason.

I've had the thoughts of :
-BMW E90 M3, but it's not something that's really ever appealed to me.
- BMW Mini JCW, something that's quite common though, and probably a touch on the girly side :lol:
- Mercedes C63 AMG, running cost and maintenance costs just put me off being 6.3 litre
- Mercedes SLK 55 AMG, heard they don't handle as well as a Cayman although power is nice but not fruitful. Again maintenance cost put me off.
- Porsche Cayman S, Something I've been thinking about for a while. I like all the luxuries, it's a nice place to be. Would need to stretch the budget to about £27k to find something in anything other than black, with Sat Nav, PDK etc.
- Lotus Exige S2 Supercharged, seems to be my kind of go to at the moment (need to test drive), reliable Toyota engine, can be got up to 300bhp fairly easily, can be used on track if desired. Maintenance not ridiculous in costs.

Has anyone owned any of the cars above? Comment on what their like to live with, running costs etc?
Is there any options that I may have missed or a curveball that can be thrown into the mix?

Thanks
Adam
By mc36155
Honda conversion exige is what I'd look for
By *nub*
+ 1 exige if you can get one with a K20 and stick my CT charger on it for super car bhp/tonne must be epic fast and handling I can't even imagine. But I'd also like a 370 Nismo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By AdamB92
Hmm something I did think of but seem rather scarce to find on the market, I certainly wouldn't want to be throwing money at one to do myself.
By daz_vtech
What about the new type r, for around 25 to 27 thousand can get one with low miles, 309bhp and they look amazing, sat in one recently and loved it.
By AdamB92
Caterham I think is ok, but not something you can just jump in and drive, especially if you get caught out and it starts raining :lol:

I've driven the new FK2, was a nice place to be but their depreciating rapidly. In 2 years time I can see them being bought for about 18-19k.
I'm going to test drive an Exige this weekend so I might fall in love :?
By mc36155
You would look pretty committed driving a Caterham in pissing rain without any cover.

Exige is the obvious choice though
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]