The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By gavin_T
Looking at new cars and keep coming back to these. Anyone made the move. I would be coming from a supercharged ep3 so would expect it to be slower but what about other things?
By yella
very very slow. half the money you could have a 125i beemer, still coupe, still rear wheel drive, remaps from 215bhp to 270bhp ( yes no joke on that as its the 130i engine with a different map) much better place to be.

Personally if youw ant rear wheel drive giggles, a bit of mod cons, then look at an E46 M3, they are now starting to rise in price, need to spend 8 ish to get anything you would want to own, grab a manual and your money will be safe for years to come as prices are only going to go up.

If you buy a GT86 you'll spending heaps on it to get it quicker.
By gavin_T
Kind of want a newer car if im honest with some toys like ac etc.
Was looking at e92 m3 as they are similar in price. But didnt know if running costs were astronomical
By yella
gavin_T wrote:Kind of want a newer car if im honest with some toys like ac etc.
Was looking at e92 m3 as they are similar in price. But didnt know if running costs were astronomical
E92 is ridiculous running costs, great car, but you could look at a 335i instead,

What toys do you really need, the E46 has them all if you get a loaded car ( most were too) satnav, cruuise, xenons, climate, electric seats, even electric rear quarters, parking sensors. not much else you could not have toys wise bar the new new cars

have a look, 10k will get you a real good one
By wHAmEz
GT86 is nice. You'll definitely notice the power difference. I had a little play with one in my civic stock engine ep3. Was all over it. Was quite a bit faster as well. But in sure its a giggle to drive though. Speed isn't everything
By gavin_T
Would love it 90% of the time. But the 10% of time i want fun i think it would bore me

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]