The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By yella
E46 M3 or if you want to spend the full 15K i would be looking at a nice 996 911 leaving a few grand for making it nice. Buy sensibly on both, own for 5 years and you will probably make money come resale time.
Cheers Yella

I was reading an article about the 125i Coupe being one of the most underrated drivers cars of recent times - going to see if I can find a link in a sec.

I know you loved your 130i, one of those with an LSD could be pretty fun right?
pulpmelon_r wrote:Cheers Yella

I was reading an article about the 125i Coupe being one of the most underrated drivers cars of recent times - going to see if I can find a link in a sec.

I know you loved your 130i, one of those with an LSD could be pretty fun right?

Yeah i had two of them, they are good, but not as raw and basic as an Ep3. I loved it as an allrounder, but if you want pure driving thrills an E36 or E46 M3 will beat it and a porker 911 will beat them both.

the 125i is a good car, it's basically a 130i with a detuned map, so you can remap it for £400 back to 270bhp, pretty mad to get a 50bhp gain on a NA car but it was a marketing exercise. It's got low spec brakes compared tot he 130i and also different box ratios, but still corker. The lowest weight 6 cylinder BMW have ever done due to magnesium heads etc. Bullet proof too.

GT86 is close to 15k now, few up at 16k so imagine so haggling, or a 370z.
pulpmelon_r wrote:Is it worth spending more for an early Cayman S?

they are good but still expensive to maintain and RMS issues still put people off.

But a Boxster is just as good and cheaper as long as you get a 987, i've driven a 986 shape and they are still quite tight if you're tall but manageable. But 987 shape (2004 onwards) is much better on room and a much better car as long as you get an S. I've also driven a new new 981 shape with PDK and that is amazing again.

ut if you can fit in a Cayman then why not look at a Z4 M coupe, they are awesome, not as fluid as an e46 but still great and will hold their price well
Just bought myself a gt86, to replace my mk3 mx5. It's not even two years old less than 10k on clock for £17K. Insane value for money. There's approved used ones up for £15K now... Considering with Metallica paint and sat nav these were 28K new.

5 year warranty on them too, so most cars will have at least 2 years toyota warranty.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]