The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By NPyke
roughly do 300 miles a week ideally looking for a small engined diesel.. maybe an 08 plate ibiza 1.9tdi?

Occasionally drive to Portsmouth every couple of months (130miles there..) and 28 miles to work, all be it 60 percent of the time I'm in traffic if not then I'm cruising at a steady pace on an "A" road.

Had experience with the 1.9tdi's or 1.4's?

Swaying towards the 1.9tdi as it'll be slightly better on longer journeys and also comes with cruise control!
By Wullie_trd
I've got an audi a4 1.9tdi for my daily and to be honest I wouldn't consider going for a smaller engined car for economy. On my commute to work I generally average 52mpg.
By NPyke
Wullie_trd wrote:I've got an audi a4 1.9tdi for my daily and to be honest I wouldn't consider going for a smaller engined car for economy. On my commute to work I generally average 52mpg.
What sort of driving is that? town?
By Lewisgame
1.4tdi isn't a great engine. It's economical but not very smooth being 3 cylinder and have issues with oil pump and the chain that drives it. 9/10 when they fail it's a new oil pump, chain and tensioner. Worse case I've seen is the chain snapped and damaged the sprocket on the crank. The price of a new crank wrote off the car.
1.9tdi is far better and reliable. I'd go for a Golf/A3 as it's a better chassis and you'll get more extras.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]