The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By *nub*
gavin_T wrote:Fn2 wont gain anything over what i have though.

Been reading up on 135i and it looks like they are easy to get good power and torque from for a little input. Look nice too with a few subtle changes.

Charged gt86 would be spot on. Lots of doller though
Rotrex would ;)
By gavin_T
Still a fwd hatch though i feel i need a change to make it worth while swapping cars

Struggling to find any usual info on 135i in regards to costs and issues etc. But have ccme across its fairly easy to get 350bhp and equal torque easy enough :cool:
Look good with a few choice changes too.
Do they have a slippy diff. Look like a perfect road car. Better the an m3 according to some due to.the low dow grunt. Just wonder how it would fair if i went on track with it.

By adamsmith
gavin_T wrote:Still a fwd hatch though i feel i need a change to make it worth while swapping cars

Struggling to find any usual info on 135i in regards to costs and issues etc. But have ccme across its fairly easy to get 350bhp and equal torque easy enough :cool:
Look good with a few choice changes too.
Do they have a slippy diff. Look like a perfect road car. Better the an m3 according to some due to.the low dow grunt. Just wonder how it would fair if i went on track with it.

Yes it has an lsd. Trust me mate it will be worlds apart from an E92 M3. I would rather go for the 335 personally over the 135
By gavin_T
335 I have been in and it felt a big comfy cruiser. Nice car but not what I am really after.

saying that the 135i may be the same as I havent driven one yet :lol:
gavin_T wrote:335 I have been in and it felt a big comfy cruiser. Nice car but not what I am really after.

Been in a mapped 335i, its insane! You can pick up 335i for what around £12-£15k. Bargain for the performance it offers, plus you get some nice toys too.
By s_barker
brucelee11271940 wrote:
gavin_T wrote:335 I have been in and it felt a big comfy cruiser. Nice car but not what I am really after.

Been in a mapped 335i, its insane! You can pick up 335i for what around £12-£15k. Bargain for the performance it offers, plus you get some nice toys too.

I have not long sold my 335i as I got bored of it gavin_t is correct it does feel like a big comfy cruiser. Mine had a full system decats and large intercooler with a map it was running 410bhp and 435ft/lb it wasn't slow but just didn't do it for me.

When I was looking for them I also considered an m3 but decided to go for the 335i as everything would be cheaper and I would be able to make it quick anyway but then after buying it and getting back in my friends m3 after he done the exhaust mod I realised I bought the wrong car.

If your going for one I would suggest stay away from the n54 engine and get a newer one with the n55 engine
s_barker wrote:
brucelee11271940 wrote:

I have not long sold my 335i as I got bored of it gavin_t is correct it does feel like a big comfy cruiser. Mine had a full system decats and large intercooler with a map it was running 410bhp and 435ft/lb it wasn't slow but just didn't do it for me.

When I was looking for them I also considered an m3 but decided to go for the 335i as everything would be cheaper and I would be able to make it quick anyway but then after buying it and getting back in my friends m3 after he done the exhaust mod I realised I bought the wrong car.

If your going for one I would suggest stay away from the n54 engine and get a newer one with the n55 engine
Well I respect your opinion. I have not owned one or close to buying one just yet. i do think if I wanted a new car it would be it because of the power gains, some exterior tweeks to make it look better. Thats alot of power, you sprint to 60 must have been what mid 4s? haha that V8 sound is the one, with the right exhaust it sounds sweet. The fact you had the 335i and experienced it is pretty awesome. i need to stop saving for a house and buy something haha
By gavin_T
s_barker wrote:
brucelee11271940 wrote:

Whats the differences between n54 and 55. I keep hearing it mentioned
By Superman001
gavin_T wrote:
s_barker wrote:
brucelee11271940 wrote:

Whats the differences between n54 and 55. I keep hearing it mentioned

The older 3.0 straight 6 was a twin turbo and the revised version was a single twin scroll turbo.
gavin_T wrote:Any problems with the older single turbo unit compared with the newer one?
Can't be sure as Ive not had a BMW in about a year now and don't use the forum that often, Google and the BMW forums are your friend [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By s_barker
gavin_T wrote:Any problems with the older single turbo unit compared with the newer one?
My 335i with the n54 engine started smoking now and again and when it did it was big clouds of it.

I done a search and found that it's common fault I never found out what it was exactly as the car was traded in for something else. The car only had 23k on the clock
By JakeO
I've driven a gt86 and it was a fun car to drive, I have a pretty much standard ep3 though and I'd say it was about the same maybe abit slower.
Handling is in another league and turn all the assists off and you can get the back end out at like 30mph so fun within the speed limit haha

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]