The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By berty182
Just after some ideas really, have about 10ish grand to spend, i'm after something fun, more power the better... talk to me
By cammy92
Evo8, wrx sti, leon k1, 3mps, depends what you want from it really might even get a 330/335d if your lucky
By berty182
adamsmith wrote:R33 gtr

End of thread.
Would love one of these but after something a bit more recent, like around 2006
By berty182
shaRRpy wrote::sleeping: not another one of these
Yes another one of these threads :lol: im completely stuck
By berty182
Have decided that i'm going to sell my focus RS and go for something with less power and cheaper. Any ideas? anything around 200bhp preferably
By berty182
Lewisgame wrote:Cheap and around 200bhp... Type R?
I have thought about going back to a type r, im in two minds over a type r or a clio 197, anyone had any experience with the clio?
By Lewisgame
berty182 wrote:
I have thought about going back to a type r, im in two minds over a type r or a clio 197, anyone had any experience with the clio?
I don't have first hand experience but a good friend of mine bought one new. It was the one with the gay F1 stickers or whatever edition it was. Had constant issues with the air con not working. Took it on a rolling road day and it made something like 150bhp so had to go back for more repairs. Other than that they look pretty nice and are suppose to be excellent on the track.
By berty182
Lewisgame wrote:
berty182 wrote:
I don't have first hand experience but a good friend of mine bought one new. It was the one with the gay F1 stickers or whatever edition it was. Had constant issues with the air con not working. Took it on a rolling road day and it made something like 150bhp so had to go back for more repairs. Other than that they look pretty nice and are suppose to be excellent on the track.
Ahh i know what you mean, was it the gash yellow/gold coloured one?? I've spotted a white clio with the cup chasis which i quite fancy, all the reviews iv'e read are really good and the handling is supposed to be excellent on them
By Lewisgame
berty182 wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:
berty182 wrote:
Ahh i know what you mean, was it the gash yellow/gold coloured one?? I've spotted a white clio with the cup chasis which i quite fancy, all the reviews iv'e read are really good and the handling is supposed to be excellent on them
Yep it was the yellow/gold colour. I didn't mind the colour much, just though the stickers looked a bit ripspeed. They look far better in either blue or white. I do recall as well some had gearbox issues? Shame really as it's a good car but the French can't make a car last 5 minuets. But then all cars have their known faults. The Type R isn't exactly bullet proof. Just luck sometimes finding a good one.
By berty182
Lewisgame wrote:
berty182 wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:
berty182 wrote:
Yep it was the yellow/gold colour. I didn't mind the colour much, just though the stickers looked a bit ripspeed. They look far better in either blue or white. I do recall as well some had gearbox issues? Shame really as it's a good car but the French can't make a car last 5 minuets. But then all cars have their known faults. The Type R isn't exactly bullet proof. Just luck sometimes finding a good one.
Yeah them stickers just make the car look really tacky! The blue and the white do look really good with a darker coloured alloy. Your right about the gearbox issue, the car im interested in had a new gearbox fitted 8 thousand miles ago so at least i know thats been changed.. It's also had a milltek exhaust fitted and an itg induction.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]