The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By Faith
Morning gents,

Its been some time since i've been on here but you might remember me or my EP3:

I quite regretted selling her but these things have to be done. I then moved on to my current car which i absolutely love and wouldn't think of selling, except I'm trying to purchase a house at the moment so i need to get my monthly costs down.

BMW E90 330D in a very rare 'Messers Metallic' colour.

Pretty much only changed the alloys for CSL reps and that was about it. Will certainly miss the power and torque of this thing.

So my next question, EP3 or FN2?

Im thinking EP3 as i they are cheaper to purchase initially but i would imagine cheaper to run but i maybe wrong. Where as the FN2 i believe would be more 'refined' drive, less crashy? But again i might be wrong.

Also in regards to modifiying, modding the EP3 was cheap to a certain extent, is the FN2 roughly the same?

Any ideas/suggestions,

Thanks guys :salut:
By RICHY_CTR
All depends how much you want to mod it. Without spending loads you won't get anywhere near the torque of the bmw (I went from an fn2 to a 335d touring). I've now gone back to a ep3 which Ive had before.

Personally after owning both previously I prefer the ep3. Yes the fn2 has a lot more extras as standard but that means there is more to go wrong potentially

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]