The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By sa08
Reluctantly sold my EP3 Type R for something a little more practical.... :wink:

From this:

To a Tanzanite Blue BMW M4:

Sorry for the crap pics (Missus took them!). As I'm working abroad til December, the Missus had to collect and install the car seat. So I am hoping she takes care of it until I get back! The car will be getting a full detail on Thursday and am hoping to get some better photos taken after it. :WOOT
By sa08
Cheers guys! :bigthumb:

Always loved BMW's M division so as the time had come to move on from the CTR (which I've had since 2006), I thought what the hell, why not get an M3 (as us CTRO Baller's do... :wink: ). After seeing more pics, I realised that I preferred the looks of the M4 to the M3 and since they are essentially the 'same' car underneath, decided I would get the M4 if I enjoyed the test drive. Did I enjoy the test drive? You damn right I did!! I had the car for the best part of a day and I absolutely loved it. Everything about the way it drove, handled, technology, comfort suited me perfectly. I have no doubt there will be faster, more comfortable cars etc. in this price range and there'll always be the comparisons but I didn't buy it because it is the best car in it's class, I bought it because IMO it's the best allround car in it's class and I love the way it looks so was an easy decision.

I was looking at the possibility of the C63 AMG, Lexus RC-F, Nissan GTR or the Audi RS5 but various factors swayed me away from them.

My original colour choice was Mineral Grey but that changed once I saw the Tanzanite Blue Pistonhead's M4 at Goodwood. So as soon as the Individual colour options became available, I placed my order in July for an October build - waiting was/is not easy!

Anyway, it's here now (although I'll have to wait a little longer) and my Missus is very happy which means happy days for me when I get home.... :-D
By NPyke
IN B4 Willy Waving.

Very Nice!

What was it that put you off the other models?
By Gaztyper
Very very nice man!

Some jump from an ep3!

I went from my ep3 to a bmw 650i

Hopefully purchasing a GTR next summer. Could you convince me to get an M4 instead of the GTR?? [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Jules
Nice upgrade! Really like that colour as well, much more subtle than the lighter blue. My only gripe with the M4 is from this forum, and now I can't un-hear it. It sounds like it is mooing when you floor it. Why this over the RS5 out of interest?

Gaztyper wrote:Very very nice man!

Some jump from an ep3!

Hopefully purchasing a GTR next summer. Could you convince me to get an M4 instead of the GTR?? [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
All your posts are about some car you are going to get next. It's nice to dream though.
By sa08
Jules wrote:Nice upgrade! Really like that colour as well, much more subtle than the lighter blue. My only gripe with the M4 is from this forum, and now I can't un-hear it. It sounds like it is mooing when you floor it. Why this over the RS5 out of interest?

Gaztyper wrote:Very very nice man!

Some jump from an ep3!

All your posts are about some car you are going to get next. It's nice to dream though.
Cheers. :mrgreen:

I know the video you're talking about! :lol: You'll just have to take my word for it when I say that although it's no V8, it actually sounds pretty good in person, especially when downshifting. :twisted:

The current RS5 is way behind with regards to technology (as expected considering the M4 is a new gen model) and with the weight, it also doesn't feel as quick or as agile in comparison. The new RS5 will no doubt be awesome and much better than the last gen but as with the new C63 AMG, I didn't fancy the long wait to try them!
By Alex-B
Nice, recently picked up an F80 M3 myself. Would have had the M4 but needed 5 seats. What's your spec?
By Alex-B
numbnuts-uk wrote:Very nice car, did you get any discount on the £56,000 list price?
And the rest, looking at £60k minimum for one worth having. No discounts available at all atm but you can generally negotiate the service pack for free and/or a better px value instead.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]