The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By WelshyWelsh
Hi guys

Time for my EP3 to be replaced. I'm 90% set on an FD2 but in case I'm missing any obvious alternatives, I thought I'd ask your opinions.

Things car must have:

- Four doors
- 0-60mph around 6 seconds
- Motorway mpg around 38+
- Not an Audi or BMW
- £16K budget

Any thoughts appreciated!
So bit of a dilemma. Went for a wander around a local dealer today and they had a battered FN2 there. Despite its condition the interior it was a whole lot nicer than I remember and the extra toys you get over an EP3/FD2 is a major plus due to the motorway miles I do.

Maybe it was my imagination, but I swear there was more rear legroom for my daughter than in the FD2 too.

So I'm seriously tempted by a M200. Main pros being it's still pretty exclusive, looks suitably aggressive, has an LSD, is Championship White and will cost about £2-£3K less than an FD2 whilst being 3 years newer.

Thoughts? And yes, I know the M200 is about £3k more for some wheels and rear bumper over the CW Editon, but I'm sucker for stuff like that.
its a valid point about the motorway toys. I had an FD2, and was doing a fair few miles. Missed the lack of cruise control. But you can get a real trick double DIN headunit. And suppose you can get an after market cruise control fitted if really needed.
I always thought that about cruise control, but unless its rush hour, there's always plenty of opportunity I find.

Have done more research on the M200 and its very close performance wise to the FD2. Yes, not as quick, but close enough for my use-LSD is a massive plus. Plus I can use my Spoon calipers on it, so it'll be better still.
Just to add to why it would be nice to have cruise control on the FD2 - the throttle is a lot more sensitive than other petrol Hondas. Great when you are hooning it around bit of a pain on a long motorway commute. FN2 is less sensitive - I believe although this was a test drive a few years ago now. Accord. I don't have cruise on the Euro R, but the the floor hinged accelerator is easier to keep car at constant speed.

Just a thought, I'm sure there are some current FD2 owners who could give their opinion. They might just say you get used to it. Then only notice the difference when driving another car?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]