The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
FunkyRemix wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:Hahahaha, you need a trim Funky..????

I could get some more but I figured everyone had one so wouldn't be worth getting some again
I have one with a nice carbon wrap but the finish is not to my liking, just not oem standard...you have a good rep for previously providing the best solution :lol:
Maybe a group buy could be arranged..???

I could do a decent deal on 10+
By G.
Dalco.... Not seen you on here in a while. Hope you're well man. Hmmm 50k. Sounds to me like you've kinda made your mind up. I wonder if you did swerve and get something else you'd always wish you'd got the Merc. It is a great car and a proper overtaking monster. But will get you where you want to be in comfort. If not very cheaply haha. Though I guess that's not an issue for you.

I drove an RS6 the other day. That was proper immense. But felt big. The GTR is an epic car. I did not find it cheap inside. However it's not a luxury barnstormer. I did really like driving it. Never felt as big as it is. Me. I never quite got the idea of a silly fast saloon. I'd just want a nice to drive well equipped diesel for munching the miles. You can still get a good rapid one if those from Audi or Mercedes... Then save the performance for something silly and fun. Whatever floats your boat in that department. :-D
By jtc
Dalco type R wrote:
FunkyRemix wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:Hahahaha, you need a trim Funky..????

I could get some more but I figured everyone had one so wouldn't be worth getting some again
I have one with a nice carbon wrap but the finish is not to my liking, just not oem standard...you have a good rep for previously providing the best solution :lol:
Maybe a group buy could be arranged..???

I could do a decent deal on 10+
I'd have one, just in case (plus it would be an investment to rival Stu's gold! :lol:)
Josh1921 wrote:Saw one of these on the way to work today.

50k!? Really? Lel cruised past in the m3 :-D
And then had to stop 300 miles sooner for fuel & dread the next service costs.

Also not forgetting the M3 is specifically designed for speed and costs alot more than £50k new. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't cruise past an oil burner with anything but ease.
Dalco type R wrote:

Also not forgetting the M3 is specifically designed for speed and costs alot more than £50k new. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't cruise past an oil burner with anything but ease.
Start 'which expensive car should I buy thread' on a Honda Civic forum.

Elude repeatedly to great wealth and high caliber tastes.

Preach the virtues of fuel economy and reasonable servicing costs.

Irony rating 9.2/10
Would lol @ again
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:

Irony rating 9.2/10
Would lol @ again
:salut:
By Josh1921
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:

Irony rating 9.2/10
Would lol @ again
Flol strong this!

Running costs don't bother me... Ok I did die inside a little bit the other day when I paid £500 for my tax =[
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:

Irony rating 9.2/10
Would lol @ again
Don't remember eluding to great wealth..??
I have high caliber tastes yes but only to what I can afford & the height is only measured by the person making the purchase or in most cases buy the person who can't.

As far as I see here I asked a question, and have followed through with doing what I asked about, much to the initial dismissal of being able to do it by peeps who knew nothing about myself or financial situation.

Lastly, are you suggesting that if someone can afford something of a high value they are not allowed to look at all areas of the purchase like running costs etc..???

If it was the case that my supposed eluded wealth was real I would have gone for an AMG G-Wagon and extortionate running cost to boot as well as not asking for anyone's suggestion of a vehicle to suit within my budget.

I talked very early on about being economical hence opting for the CLA45 as opposed to the C63.

But....... I supposed you are free to interpret the posts how you like, it just depends on the person reading it to how they see it.

Some are naturally negative, bitter & jealous whilst others are constructive, positive & helpful.

[emoji4]
By J@mes
It's not jealousy when you're waiving it around like a twelve inch dong.

Just by putting "new car 50k" most people knew what sort of person they were dealing with.

Hth
J@mes wrote:It's not jealousy when you're waiving it around like a twelve inch dong.

Just by putting "new car 50k" most people knew what sort of person they were dealing with.

Hth
As I said, Depends how the person chooses to read it.

The reader chose to read it, maybe the reader made the wrong choice..???

It's a choice the reader makes when they click the link repeatedly to see whats being said and again that choice is made to click the reply button.
Last edited by Dalco type R on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Josh1921
mjhamilton wrote:
J@mes wrote::sleeping: I'm out.
good as I am not sure you were really all that welcome...... :salut:
Harsh words.

James don't stand for forum bullying.
By Jules
J@mes wrote:It's not jealousy when you're waiving it around like a twelve inch dong.

Hth
£50K on a car isn't even very much, do you work for minimum wage or something? So much butt hurt.
By mjhamilton
Jules wrote:

Hth
£50K on a car isn't even very much, do you work for minimum wage or something? So much butt hurt.

and with a private education you should have more than one of these ;)
dutch wrote:I like your new car, how's depreciation?
The reason for buying new was because they haven't dropped much for the one's that are available at a year old.

The spec I wanted, I only found 2 that were 95% the same with 5-10k miles on and they were £4k more than a new one..!!

So new made sense. If i were looking at a £5-£10k saving on a year old one with 10k miles I would have considered it but they simply were not around.
By mjhamilton
Audi interiors are lovely places to be - we were looking at the Q1 a while back but didn't go for it in the end - S-Line spec was very nice and it didn't cost much more to get some really nice bells and whistles

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]