The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
dutch wrote:I like your new car, how's depreciation?
Being realistic I would say it'll drop £20k in the 3 years given how well they are holding now, Plus mine is spec'd really high and we are low mileage drivers so maybe will command more. The dealership said circa 50% over 3 yrs so he thinks more.

I'm planning on keeping it for 5yrs as it stands now, but I know things change and new cars come out. Maybe by then the newer SQ5 or RSQ5 maybe out so possibly chop it in for one of those.
mjhamilton wrote:Audi interiors are lovely places to be - we were looking at the Q1 a while back but didn't go for it in the end - S-Line spec was very nice and it didn't cost much more to get some really nice bells and whistles
Q1...??? or A1..??
By mjhamilton
Dalco type R wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Audi interiors are lovely places to be - we were looking at the Q1 a while back but didn't go for it in the end - S-Line spec was very nice and it didn't cost much more to get some really nice bells and whistles
Q1...??? or A1..??

Q1 .. the little and most pointless one.. .my wife liked it ;)

EDIT - Fek.. I mean Q3.. the 1 isn't out yet :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I get mixed up on all these things along with BM's X cars
mjhamilton wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:
Q1...??? or A1..??

Ahhhhh, Yeah the Q3. we never looked at that one to be fair.
By mjhamilton
Dalco type R wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:
Q1...??? or A1..??

Ahhhhh, Yeah the Q3. we never looked at that one to be fair.

like a tinker toy and totally pointless.. managed to talk her out of it and dodge that bullet :bigthumb:
By Lewisgame
Audi's are one of the best for holding value. Friend of mine bought an A1 second hand from Audi. Sold it 12 months later privately for £100 less than what he bought it for.
Compare that to say a Ford. Years ago my sister bought a 6month old fiesta ztec s and it was £4k less than it was brand new.
Lewisgame wrote:Audi's are one of the best for holding value. Friend of mine bought an A1 second hand from Audi. Sold it 12 months later privately for £100 less than what he bought it for.
Compare that to say a Ford. Years ago my sister bought a 6month old fiesta ztec s and it was £4k less than it was brand new.

Your totally right.

A very good mate of mine bought an RS3 new when they first came out. He paid £43k for it almost 4 years ago, looking on piston heads and such like they are still going for £32k upwards. so £11k in 4 years, £2,750 a year isn't all that bad at all..!!

I know its a different beast and they did say they were only making 500 of them & then made more but still it's usually the RS models that haemorrhage cash in the first few years. I'm kinda hoping the SQ5 will be the same, and within the first year it appears it is........... so far. Come march 1st when I pick it up, they'll drop like a stone...!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Dalco type R wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Dalco type R wrote:
Josh1921 wrote:Saw one of these on the way to work today.

50k!? Really? Lel cruised past in the m3 :-D
And then had to stop 300 miles sooner for fuel & dread the next service costs.

Also not forgetting the M3 is specifically designed for speed and costs alot more than £50k new. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't cruise past an oil burner with anything but ease.
Start 'which expensive car should I buy thread' on a Honda Civic forum.

Elude repeatedly to great wealth and high caliber tastes.

Preach the virtues of fuel economy and reasonable servicing costs.

Irony rating 9.2/10
Would lol @ again
Don't remember eluding to great wealth..??
I have high caliber tastes yes but only to what I can afford & the height is only measured by the person making the purchase or in most cases buy the person who can't.

As far as I see here I asked a question, and have followed through with doing what I asked about, much to the initial dismissal of being able to do it by peeps who knew nothing about myself or financial situation.

Lastly, are you suggesting that if someone can afford something of a high value they are not allowed to look at all areas of the purchase like running costs etc..???

If it was the case that my supposed eluded wealth was real I would have gone for an AMG G-Wagon and extortionate running cost to boot as well as not asking for anyone's suggestion of a vehicle to suit within my budget.

I talked very early on about being economical hence opting for the CLA45 as opposed to the C63.

But....... I supposed you are free to interpret the posts how you like, it just depends on the person reading it to how they see it.

Some are naturally negative, bitter & jealous whilst others are constructive, positive & helpful.

[emoji4]
Give over, you would die inside if no one replied to your winkle wave thread.
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Ahhhhhh, However we both know people always will.

There was a lot of very constructive replies from some like minded people.

You'll always get those who contribute to the topic and those who can't so go for a side ways attack for well.......... no reason at all.

Keep thinking positively and one day you too maybe, just maybe will be able wave your winky too.

:newsmile: :newsmile: :new-bday: :newsmile: :new-bday: :newsmile: :newsmile:
By J@mes
mjhamilton wrote:
Jules wrote:
J@mes wrote:It's not jealousy when you're waiving it around like a twelve inch dong.

Just by putting "new car 50k" most people knew what sort of person they were dealing with.

Hth
£50K on a car isn't even very much, do you work for minimum wage or something? So much butt hurt.

and with a private education you should have more than one of these ;)
That's the most retarded comment you've ever shat from your mouth.
Dalco type R wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Ahhhhhh, However we both know people always will.

There was a lot of very constructive replies from some like minded people.

You'll always get those who contribute to the topic and those who can't so go for a side ways attack for well.......... no reason at all.

Keep thinking positively and one day you too maybe, just maybe will be able wave your winky too.

:newsmile: :newsmile: :new-bday: :newsmile: :new-bday: :newsmile: :newsmile:
So you fully concede that the purpose of posting this thread on CTRO was in fact a willful and brazen act of winkle wavery?
By J@mes
Do you even English? I'm just pulling your pisser. Can't deny the level of 12" schlong wave in this thread though.

Jelly not even once.
This is actually a carbon copy of the 'Kingston which 50k car' thread

I recall the premise for that one was anyone that doesn't appropriately cheer-lead... is jelly or a hater or both. I've got better things to hate than willy wavers on the internet.

So forgive me for not bringing my pom poms. Just calling it for what it is.
Last edited by pulpmelon_r on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]