The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By r9oliver
Right so i have got £6000 and i would like to know what car to get next, want it to be a honda perfomance car, ep3, dc5, s2000 etc. i have ep3 atm, love it but it has a few issues.

Whats the pros cons?

Thanks
By Josh1921
J@mes wrote:Deposit for house.
Flol maybe if youre buying a shack to live in.
By MarkX
smartie wrote:Have you considered a Corrado V6?
I heard they're pretty quick!
By baddohc
£6k is not a great budget for a fast sports cars.

You can get a dc5 or s2000. Do you need 2 seats or 4?
By r9oliver
Already bought house, last thing I want in second mortgage lol.

I am really keen on another ep3, I guess I could get a good facelift for this money, really don't like diesels, quite addicted to vtec, but never had a turbo so don't know if I would like them, and I want reliability,

Don't need 4 seats but would be preferable because I enjoy the space.

Aren't the corridor quite an old car now, when were they last made?
By r9oliver
It will be a daily, but I don't do that many miles so mpg isn't a massive problem, would it be worth going for a supercharged/turbo'd ep3, wouldn't mind spending a bit more, but how reliable are they then and do they lose the fun of a what a honda is
By pdapaul
The MPS just does nothing for me, just fugly!

It would have to be a DC5 for me, IMO one of the best looking cars on the road irrelevant of price. Failing that a nice EVO 6 shoułd fall within £6k, just be aware they are a fortune to run..but amazing to drive!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]