The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
Right, I've had 2 EP3's before, enjoyed them both. Sold the first to buy a Lotus, sold the 2nd to pay a large stamp duty payment. Since then had a Mk 5 Gti which was great when commuting by car but slightly dull, and now I have a 350z which is quick and fun but not exciting enough, I need more rev's in my life but can't afford the M3/GT3/Exige I'd really like.

Budget is about £4-5k and the easy option is to get another EP3, I know them well and won't be disappointed. But then I thought maybe I should try a DC2, the problem is that they seem to be getting on, need work doing and have rusty arches. Is this extra hassle worth it for the better drive? Are there many UK DC2's out there in good condition?
dave_g wrote:Right, I've had 2 EP3's before, enjoyed them both. Sold the first to buy a Lotus, sold the 2nd to pay a large stamp duty payment. Since then had a Mk 5 Gti which was great when commuting by car but slightly dull, and now I have a 350z which is quick and fun but not exciting enough, I need more rev's in my life but can't afford the M3/GT3/Exige I'd really like.

Budget is about £4-5k and the easy option is to get another EP3, I know them well and won't be disappointed. But then I thought maybe I should try a DC2, the problem is that they seem to be getting on, need work doing and have rusty arches. Is this extra hassle worth it for the better drive? Are there many UK DC2's out there in good condition?

nah, DC2's are nice, but hardly any nice ones around anymore, lots of rusty old dogs though.

If it was me i'd spend 3ish on an Ep3 and then save £2k for the bolt on mods to give you 230-240bhp. job done.

or spend the lot on an R26 megane ( just 6k for a nice one)
My dad's got a UK DC2 and got it for a steal of a price really nice car to drive, great with a good bit of right foot

Hasn't had any problems with it at all since owning it

The rust on his wasn't to bad and had it a year and half before got it sorted and it didn't get any worse

Personally I'd say try one

I'm thinking of selling my DC5 to get a DC2 as it's something a tad cheaper to inevitably dive into a gravel trap upside down :- /

Yeah not bad really is it

He's 51 this year aswell

Bought it when he sold his work van to compete with my ep3 as a track toy /daily
Uses it everyday to work and back, mum hates it and won't get in it, to loud to low to stiff and those silly strap things instead of a belt are daft and awkward..
Darkhawk wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:Dad at 51 who has a stripped out DC2 with harnesses and Mugen parts as a daily driver and abuses the cr@p out of it on track :cool:

Edited for you haha

I need to update my build thread so will add his into it aswell
That is EPIC [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I had a look at the DC2 as an option as well, looked at one local but overall it was good nick, the rust was starting to bubble through at the bottom but nothing major.

The brakes seemed a bit low down though, but as it was the first time I had driven one it was hard to tell if this was normal.

Unfortunately the price of good ones are at a premium and this one was actually more than I picked up my EP3 I bought.

So I stuck with the EP3 for the 3rd time also funnily enough, with my Type R count at 4 :lol:
N77 wrote:Unfortunately the price of good ones are at a premium and this one was actually more than I picked up my EP3 I bought.
That's the thing really, the EP3 offers much better value that I'm struggling to see that the benefit of the extra money a good DC2 would cost
DC2s are great cars (owned jdm 98 spec), but as said finding a good one might take a while. Or if you can find a mechanically sound one with a little bit of rust hammer them on the price and then get it sorted.

Bear in mind

They are older than an EP3 so the interior is not as well screwed together and feels cheaper - lightweight isn't it?
Things are not as refined, sound deadening?
5 short gears and 70mph is 4k rpm.

But nice body hugging seats
Rear seat space is small, but big boot. Seen other users get mountain bikes in the car without having to take a wheel off.
Stevo M81 wrote:Dad at 51 with DC2 :cool:
My auntie is 70 and drives a remapped rs focus (340+hp) her previous cars include
Focus st
Golf r32 X2
Scooby sti prodrive edition
Sierra cosworth
Fiesta rs turbo
Puma racing edition
She loves her fast cars,not bad for pensioner lol
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]