The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By Ashman3000
Girlfriend wants to upgrade her 1.1 Peugeot 206, and set her mind on either of these.
Where would you put your money?
By MarkX
Ashman3000 wrote:
FrankSayonara wrote:The new fiesta ST, or the old one?
She's looking around 04/05 plates £3-4k budget
Fiesta without a doubt.
By Ashman3000
V-TEC wrote:EP3
Running cost too high, otherwise she could have mine.
J@mes wrote:Yaris t sport :P
Like hens teeth down here :bigcry:
By J@mes
They are everywhere pal I had to travel to london to pick one up well worth it though for the mint 2 years I had out of it.
By yella
Fiesta St, it haS more power than the st170 if the focus is an early one and not had the recall map ( early ones fecked up and were 142bhp not 170bhp, rectified under recall)
By Ollie milanoctr
Apparently the St is meant to be quite crap on Fuel or so ive heard, and they are slow. But imo look quite tidy in all fairness. I'd definitely go for an ep3 in that price bracket but. .. depends on what your after in a motor, you can guarantee it will be easier to find a decent fiesta St than a focus st 170 or ep3. I cant see a fiesta st costing much less if any than an ep3 as they are the same engine capacity? Vtec never helps with drinking fuel though... The joys of car hunting [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Ashman3000
TommyPctr wrote:How are the running costs of an ep3 different to an st??
I assumed fiesta st would be better on fuel/insurance/tax/consumables.
I know the ep3 is cheap to run for what it is.
Perhaps need to find real world running costs of the fiesta
By Welshy81
Fiesta ST. Had one on a 06 plate before getting the type r. Nippy little car, great 'go-kart' like handling, nice note from the exhaust and relatively strong build quality. It is under powered for a 2 litre lump (150 bhp) but other than that it was a good little car.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]