The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
I own an ep3 51 plate the usual mods kpro ebc exhaust induction love it to bits but always wanted an e92 earning abit extra at work think the dream is now insight and looking at the 335i want a fast smart car and think these look amazing in grey. Not drove one or been to see one yet has anybody drove or owned one how fast are they and how reliable.
Shappers wrote:
J@mes wrote:Fast. Not very reliable. Next.
This. May be internet horror stories but sure i've read of them digesting turbos with big bills...
Yep. My mechanic wanted one, but couldn't help avoiding it like the plague at the same time.
Benson01 wrote:Digesting turbos lol. Okay il do some research on them have a look on the e90 forums. What about the 335d so I've Hurd there really good and were once the fastest production deisel but not really a fan of diesels
Same with the turbo thing.
Benson01 wrote:Really should I start looking into the d. I new tax was a lot on the I but not £475 lol might be able to fiddle my Nan's dissability take her to the supermarket but £475 taking the piss abit. Have you been in a 335d?

Mate of mine has the 335d remapped by Emaps to 350bhp and 500lbft, best £300 he ever spent, the thing pulls like nothing I have ever been in including Evo's.
Superman001 wrote:
Benson01 wrote:Really should I start looking into the d. I new tax was a lot on the I but not £475 lol might be able to fiddle my Nan's dissability take her to the supermarket but £475 taking the piss abit. Have you been in a 335d?

Mate of mine has the 335d remapped by Emaps to 350bhp and 500lbft, best £300 he ever spent, the thing pulls like nothing I have ever been in including Evo's.
the 35d are awesome when mapped, mates 535d was a quick old barge

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]