The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By Jameshop
After I've had my ep3 for 3 years almost I've hit the wall

I've been looking around like an unfaithful husband

And I've been offered an e46 325 cabriolet in black. Msport Manual with fsh
117k miles

I've spend absolutely thousands on my ep3 and not even done that much to it (recently rolling roaded at 210bhp with filter and catback
60k miles

Has anyone owned one or even been in one to know what they are like?

Would you?

Thanks
James
By Jameshop
Yeah I've had a word with a mate who works at bm and he said I'd be around the low 20s with mpg which is pretty daunting.

I know it's not going to be fast but I really wouldn't want it to be "slow"
By baddohc
They are shuffle for mpg.
Also I'm pretty sure the 2.5 are 5 speed too if manual.
They suck up 6 litres of oil n 6 sparks at a service too.
By Col R
Nope, If your hearts set on a beamer then I'd consider a 330d Msport coupe convertable [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By jymmm
Similar power, similar mpg (not sure about the cab) more torque, similar tax, slightly cheaper insurance group, better build quality

Straight 6 is an awesome engine

It's a fairly different driving experience to a type r
By jymmm
the sport is not too floppy. Not really more expensive other than the large tyres and a few other specific parts.

ultimately it's a cruiser not a hot hatch. More grown up and refined - less fun.

330 is the better option but go for the best maintained at the price you can afford. There's very little scope to tune the engine

have a test drive [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]