The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By kezzad999
Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with these ecoboost 1.0 3 cylinder engines from ford? Had a bit of a search and couldn't find any info on here, done a bit of research but I think the only thing now is to hear about personal experiences in them?

Very economical, look really good, but only 125 bhp!

Off for a test drive on Friday, think I'll probably opt for the 1.6 180 one but this is mainly for the mrs, I have an astra vxr at the moment so super speedy doesn't really matter to much, I just can't help thinking 125 in a bulky car like the focus would be slightly underpowered

Any help is much appreciated
By Daz W
I've driven one and was very impressed, however don't expect to get anywhere near the fuel economy that Ford claim
By kezzad999
Ye I've read that as well, she only does 5k per year so wouldn't be any good going for the diesel, just don't want it to be too sluggish
By Daz W
It's definitely not sluggish it's not too far behind my 2.0 diesel Focus and you can also get a Bluefin for it if you get bored
By kezzad999
Suppose that'll help the economy as well? Quite looking forward to driving one! Mad to think its a 1.0!
By VTEC77
My old chap has a 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta Zetec S on order and its more powerfull than the 1.6 it replaces. Cracking little engine by all accounts but not sure about it in the heavier Focus though :vconf: Definately dont expect the quoted Ford MPG results! Even the sales person told my old chap what he could realistically achive. Still way better than the older unit that it directly replaces (1.6) :lol: I have a Fiesta ST2 now and the best MPG I have seen so far is just over 38 driving off boost like a granny. Ford quotes 47 max MPG :shock: :lol: Normal driving sees around 36.5 and 'fun' driving sees nearer 30. Might go up a bit more as the car only has 3000 miles on it so far. Still way better than any of my old Type R's though plus it is way more fun to throw around :twisted:
By Andy-type r
VTEC77 wrote:My old chap has a 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta Zetec S on order and its more powerfull than the 1.6 it replaces. Cracking little engine by all accounts but not sure about it in the heavier Focus though :vconf: Definately dont expect the quoted Ford MPG results! Even the sales person told my old chap what he could realistically achive. Still way better than the older unit that it directly replaces (1.6) :lol: I have a Fiesta ST2 now and the best MPG I have seen so far is just over 38 driving off boost like a granny. Ford quotes 47 max MPG :shock: :lol: Normal driving sees around 36.5 and 'fun' driving sees nearer 30. Might go up a bit more as the car only has 3000 miles on it so far. Still way better than any of my old Type R's though plus it is way more fun to throw around :twisted:
Do you have a thread on it?
By VTEC77
No mate. Was holding fire until I go the Mountune route in a few months time. If you want to know anything though feel free to PM me :bigthumb:
By kezzad999
Sounds good cheers for the info mate! Still not had chance to take one for a spin, had to cancel my last test drive due to work? Quite looking forward to seeing how it fares in the focus!!
By jtc
I had an ecoboost focus estate for a day. It was a great runabout to drive! I'd have even considered owning one as a workhorse second car, but the pedal box is too small to accommodate my size 14s without precision placement.
By Daz W
Mountune have got one in development and that is factory approved
By VTEC77
VTEC77 wrote:My old chap has a 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta Zetec S on order and its more powerfull than the 1.6 it replaces. Cracking little engine by all accounts but not sure about it in the heavier Focus though :vconf: Definately dont expect the quoted Ford MPG results! Even the sales person told my old chap what he could realistically achive. Still way better than the older unit that it directly replaces (1.6) :lol: I have a Fiesta ST2 now and the best MPG I have seen so far is just over 38 driving off boost like a granny. Ford quotes 47 max MPG :shock: :lol: Normal driving sees around 36.5 and 'fun' driving sees nearer 30. Might go up a bit more as the car only has 3000 miles on it so far. Still way better than any of my old Type R's though plus it is way more fun to throw around :twisted:
Well my old chap now has his 1.0 Zetec S and is loving it. Really nippy as well :bigthumb: :-D The car now has a grand total of 350 miles under its belt and is returning 47-48mpg. Can see this going up a little more when the engine has a few more miles under its belt. On a side note I have already de-tango'd all the light clusters with silvertec bulbs and fitted a nice stubby aerial......by request of the Mothership. De-badging the back for them at the weekend as well! Got to love how OAP's roll these days :cooldude: :lol:
By Daz W
Get some DMB gel overlays for the Ford badges too mine are white and silver
By VTEC77
The Ford badges look ok as they are as the car is dark metalic grey :bigthumb: Have changed my ST badges to ST though thanks to DMB overlays to be a bit more subtle on mine though :cooldude:
By kezzad999
Ended up buying one as well, (for the mrs) and must say very happy with how it runs, not as sluggish as I thought? Mpga aren't the best but that could be her right foot! Think they look smart though, nice and sporty, mine has that park itself feature as well so should be fun trying that out!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]