The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By ben-111
*nub* wrote:are you trading your champ white for this? have you had a kid or something? why the change to a diesel?
No a family member is having that, have a 3 he old lad nearly but that's bit the reason I'm changing as the fn2 is very spacious, more so than a 120d

Just wanted one for a while now, driving one has made my mind up, then there's RWD
By Just Dirk
ben-111 wrote:
*nub* wrote:are you trading your champ white for this? have you had a kid or something? why the change to a diesel?
No a family member is having that, have a 3 he old lad nearly but that's bit the reason I'm changing as the fn2 is very spacious, more so than a 120d

Just wanted one for a while now, driving one has made my mind up, then there's RWD
Can't you use the 700-900 spare pounds you have every month and keep the civic too?
By *nub*
ben-111 wrote:

but it has to be to save money right? 120d isnt as fun or fast as an FN2 is it?
By ben-111
If it was to money save I'd get a 116d or something cheaper, £180 tax saving and also fuel saving does interest me, who wouldn't

Tbh 95% of the time I have my lad in the car so the fun of the FN 2 is lost anyway, besides the 120d didn't feel any slower with the extra torque
By ben-111
:lol:

I understand there abit marmite, what exactly is sh-t about them?
By *nub*
ben-111 wrote:If it was to money save I'd get a 116d or something cheaper, £180 tax saving and also fuel saving does interest me, who wouldn't

Tbh 95% of the time I have my lad in the car so the fun of the FN 2 is lost anyway, besides the 120d didn't feel any slower with the extra torque
I don't really understand your motives to change from an FN2 to a 120d... so is this car an upgrade to your FN2 then? i.e will it cost more? Also £180 saving for road tax is nothing overall. I understand changing to diesel for MPG, but that's hardly relevant if you only do like 10 miles a day. Or if you want the 4 doors. Even so it would make sense to buy a diesel for say 7 grand, not 13 if you had money saving in mind. Part of me would like to get a diesel to start some major saving (I do 25 miles a day) but I wouldn't buy one that costs more than my EP3 as that negates any fuel saving.
By smartie
ben-111 wrote::lol:

I understand there abit marmite, what exactly is sh-t about them?
Did you say you have a 3 year old? If they are anything like the 320d then my 3 year old daughter could hardly fit behind the drivers seat. Has to put her legs to the side to fit. Appalling lack of space in the rear. Not a family car at all.

What are you gaining by switching, fk all.
By ben-111
it's a number of reasons combined tbh, depending on what I spend it's looking like it will be a slight upgrade in terms of money,
one thing that does get on my nerves lately is the wrong attention the fn2 seems to get, it seems every other journey I get some prat tailgating trying to egg me on, always had this as I did with the ep3 but I didn't have a child in the back back then, mrs also uses the car
,the fuel saving will be nice along with the tax, insurance doesn't appear to be any different
won't lie abit of torque feels nice for a change :lol:

I don't see it as a sh-t car, I like the look of the m sports,

The only issue I can see is the space in the back, behind me mainly as I'm 6foot1, the child seat goes behind the passenger though so he's alright at least
By smartie
Losing money swapping. May as well lose money getting the 130i. :lol:

Diesel torque is Flipping boring after about 10 minutes.
By Mad-Dog
smartie wrote:Losing money swapping. May as well lose money getting the 130i. :lol:

Diesel torque is Flipping boring after about 10 minutes.
This tbh, I've had a white 118d m-sport when they 1st came out, was a very nice car. However inlaws have a 130i lm and it's a bit of a beast, still returns 36+mpg on the motorway drive but 28 round the doors. A spirited run can see it into the teens to single digits :twisted:

Plus they sound better, less issues with the engine (iirc it's the n52) and the car is pretty well balanced. They don't look like a hot hatch but you'll suprise a few people in it
By ben-111
Appreciate your opinions but I've made my mind up this is my next car tbh!

my budget is 13k but can go up ever so slightly for the right car, I am looking at cars abit dearer in hope of haggling down though. I can't seem to find the perfect one though

Needs to be low miles (prefer sub 35k)
5 door
Half leather
Manual
FBMWSH

Colour, really want white, although black or dark grey come second

would be nice to have sat nav, Bluetooth etc

have seen a 2011 black one with 20k on with FBMWSH, loads of extras, no sat nav though, and the other is a 2010 white one on 33k but they haven't got the car in yet to check the service history, i can't tell if it's just the photos but it looks abit grubby inside and they haven't even bothered to give the seats a clean,

The black one is £200 dearer, my heads telling me black but I'm having trouble deciding if i should get a 1 yr older, 13,000 mile more car in the colour I'd rather have

Of course I could wait and see if another comes up but i don't think the black one will be for sale long
By J@mes
Just Dirk wrote:
J@mes wrote:
jtc wrote:Buy an mps

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]