The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By ben-111
thinking of one of these, test drive my sisters 116i 2.0 diesel yesterday and liked it,
My budget will be 9-10k

Im swaying towards a diesel :bumsmack:

Bit picky though as I want

-preferably white, if not black
-below 50k
- not too old

Also my sisters has built in sat nav, I've seen some for sale like this one have a cut out on the dash, is that a sat nav screen that folds out it is it some sort of storage?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321322550271

Another question is whats the depreciation like on these compared to fn2's?
By ben-111
Driven a 120d m sport yesterday and decide to focus on one if them, will obviously have to up my budget so now it's an absolute max of 13k
By banksy101
Nice cars these, specially white with the diffuser, also it needs the right looking wheels to set it off

driven a 118d so can't comment on the 120d

you should be able to pickup a nice example for your budget, what year are you looking at?
By ben-111
no older than 2009 really, will. Probaly end up with a 2010, just looking for the right one, I know these are good for high mileage but I don't want to be stuck with a 100k mileage car when I come to sell so ideally want as less miles as I can, don't want full leather either which a lot seem to be!

Yeah has to be white and all the m sports I've seen come with the diffuser
By reym
ben-111 wrote:no older than 2009 really, will. Probaly end up with a 2010, just looking for the right one, I know these are good for high mileage but I don't want to be stuck with a 100k mileage car when I come to sell so ideally want as less miles as I can, don't want full leather either which a lot seem to be!

Yeah has to be white and all the m sports I've seen come with the diffuser
I'd get the full leather, the cloth/sensatec seats split after a while. Pretty common problem.

The one in the link in your first post has the storage pack, which means that it's a storage bin. You can retrofit sat nav, but it's pretty costly.
By ben-111
I truly hate leather when it starts to say though! I don't mind the look of the half leather so.

Ah I see thanks

Also did the timing chain issues stop at a certain year? I'm looking at 2010/11's
By reym
From what I know of it, it's applies to all E8* N47 engines, but, for everyone that's failed, there's many that haven't!
By ben-111
i see, well I expect to have one in the next few weeks so enjoy it while it lasts :salut:
By *nub*
are you trading your champ white for this? have you had a kid or something? why the change to a diesel?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]