The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By ben-111
I've had this DPF warning light come up, my understanding is if I take it for a run on the motorway in 4th @ 2k it will start the regen, if I ignore it it will go into limp mode and not pass 40mph which means I'd have to take it somewhere for a forced regen.

my dilemma is we're going southport this weekend so it will have a good hour long run on the motorway, but will it be ok waiting till then do you think? Don't want to make an unnecessary trip and waste fuel if it can be helped.
By Lewisgame
Give it a quick blast up the motorway and see if it goes out. If not, I'd take it straight to a garage for a forced regeneration. They shouldn't charge much as all we do is plug in the diagnostics and it either regens on it's own in the car park or has to be driven for 10-20mins. Varies from each vehicle. This way you'll know it's clear and/or they may find another issue that's caused the DPF fault.
By ben-111
Is 4th gear at 2k correct and how long roughly do you think to give it?

Also once it's done does the light go off itself or do I have to manually reset it and see it if pops back up again?
By Lewisgame
Normally you need to be above 40-50mph. Engine rpm between 2-3k and low engine load/light throttle. 3rd/4th gear should be good. Again I'd give it 10-20 mins and normally the light just goes out. You may have to turn the engine off and back on for it to reset. They all vary. I'm more familiar with the VAG stuff but generally they're similar. It may even be worth buying a fuel cleaner for DPF and sticking that in the tank.
By ben-111
Just had a trip up motorway, 20 min there 20 mins back
And it's not gone :bad-words:

will try some of this cleaner you mentioned

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]