The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By *nub*
mate just buy an MPS or diesel if you insist for 7k and then start saving some real money :thumbup:
By ben-111
Nice and it is in reach budget wise as a 5% of asking price is feasible

However im after a 5dr!
By MattRST
Sold the CW yet Ben? :P I'm on the car hunt again as well, keep the X or something different!
By ben-111
Still have it mate, family member is having it,

I've had it quite long, coming up to 3 years which is good going for me :lol:
By pulpmelon_r
ben-111 wrote:it's a number of reasons combined tbh, depending on what I spend it's looking like it will be a slight upgrade in terms of money,
one thing that does get on my nerves lately is the wrong attention the fn2 seems to get, it seems every other journey I get some prat tailgating trying to egg me on,
To be fair you do drive around like an utter prat.
By b2ast
Nice cars but I have heard negative stuff about BMWs that timing chains pack up so you end up needing a engine as the chain is located on the back of engine or something also they suffer from swirl flap issues so need uprated manifolds and turbo failures common faults on most modern bmw 1/3/5 series
By ben-111
pulpmelon_r wrote:
ben-111 wrote:it's a number of reasons combined tbh, depending on what I spend it's looking like it will be a slight upgrade in terms of money,
one thing that does get on my nerves lately is the wrong attention the fn2 seems to get, it seems every other journey I get some prat tailgating trying to egg me on,
To be fair you do drive around like an utter twit.
99% of the time I have my lad I'm the car so I'm afraid I don't, one of the one times I don't and I'm late I'm stuck behind someone going 20 in a 30, I was behind you for about 300 yards before you turned of :boxing:
By ben-111
Really enjoying the refinement of the new car so far, holds the road very well aswell, funny how m sports are supposed to be hard on the suspension yet after driving an ep3 for 2 years then an fn2 for the last 3 the bmw feels like it's floating :lol:

Having abit more torque is quite nice aswell :lol:

Ended up with an e87 m sport in black, preferred the look of this one rather than the new shape one, will get pics up at weekend but you all know what they look like
By MattRST
Good work Ben, have any pics ? Who had the cw ctr?
By ben-111
I'll put some up at weekend mate, the cw is sold to a family member, they was nagging me literally every month to sell it them since I bought it :lol:

I know it will be looked after so gives me the option to buy it back at a later date I suppose
By Lewisgame
My mum has a 120d m sport. 65k miles and it's got the notorious timing chain rattle.
If it's got full BMW history you've got a chance with some good will.
I've just serviced my mums car. But looks like I'm going have to book it into BMW for a basic oil change to keep the "full" BMW service history and hope for some good will.
By ben-111
Yeah I was only looking for cars with full bmw history, I've heard both good and bad reports of bmw sorting out the issue so fingers crossed
By yella
only 1 series i'd ever touch would be 130i or the 125i ( same thing with a different boot) the only bullet proof model in the range and the diesels never ever get what they list if you are driving normally.

just waiting for the 125i 's to drop a few more K, however i expect that will slow now that everyone knows they can get 60bhp out of them from a remap
By Mad-Dog
yella wrote:only 1 series i'd ever touch would be 130i or the 125i ( same thing with a different boot) the only bullet proof model in the range and the diesels never ever get what they list if you are driving normally.

just waiting for the 125i 's to drop a few more K, however i expect that will slow now that everyone knows they can get 60bhp out of them from a remap
I thought it was more than just a remap? Isn't there a few mechanical differences to?
By yella
Mad-Dog wrote:
yella wrote:only 1 series i'd ever touch would be 130i or the 125i ( same thing with a different boot) the only bullet proof model in the range and the diesels never ever get what they list if you are driving normally.

I thought it was more than just a remap? Isn't there a few mechanical differences to?

nope, nothing at all. P torque or evolve will remap you're 215bhp 125i to 270bhp. Plenty of them done now with proof had a go in one and it felt a little punchier than my standard 130i.
By Mad-Dog
yella wrote:
Mad-Dog wrote:

nope, nothing at all. P torque or evolve will remap you're 215bhp 125i to 270bhp. Plenty of them done now with proof had a go in one and it felt a little punchier than my standard 130i.
Cool, think I might be looking for one of these instead of a 130i as I like the coupe
By yella
Mad-Dog wrote:
yella wrote:
Mad-Dog wrote:

Cool, think I might be looking for one of these instead of a 130i as I like the coupe
the only difference is the gearbox and ratios, 125i needs 3rd to hit 60, they had a lower ration box in them. BMW do that quite a lot to make cars feel faster than the are, same on 123d which is why overall the 120d is the better of the diesels.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]