The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By EvoStu
gilberto wrote:Thats less than i thought, there was a lad on here running silly power with a GTI, it was maybe an Edition 30.
The chap who was banned from driving and was in the papers for filming his racing with an RS5?
By ::Adds::
smartie wrote:Will be about 270bhp.
Friends one is 'stage 1.5' or so nikki from r tech says and is running approx 270 bhp and 340 torque :shock:

s3 intercooler and a few other bits and he is well over 300 ponies
By dave_g
Really liked my mk 5 gti, didn't get round to mapping it but it still quickish. Superb all rounder but ultimately not as fun as an ep3 when you want an enthusiastic drive.
By EvoStu
gilberto wrote:Could have been, it was a few years ago now.
Think it was VTEC ABUSER who had that car.
By smartie
::Adds:: wrote:
Friends one is 'stage 1.5' or so nikki from r tech says and is running approx 270 bhp and 340 torque :shock:

A Mk5 GTi that starts at 200bhp?
smartie wrote:

yup, massive increase I know...
By smartie
smartie wrote:

Slightly unbelievable too. :lol:
smartie wrote:
smartie wrote:

Slightly unbelievable too. :lol:
I hear you, but it has a few mods and apparently that's not a wild figure from the info ive seen reading up about them..

Anyway, driving it, it really is quick, miles faster than standard
By jonezy
Nikki from rtech is the best mapper for the vag boys.

Max from a k03 turbo as on the gti is just under 300hp.

With the k04 from ed30 or s3 will be knocking on 360-380hp, may need rods doing though as the 200bhp engine is quite different to the 230,240 and 265hp ones
jonezy wrote:Nikki from rtech is the best mapper for the vag boys.

Max from a k03 turbo as on the gti is just under 300hp.

With the k04 from ed30 or s3 will be knocking on 360-380hp, may need rods doing though as the 200bhp engine is quite different to the 230,240 and 265hp ones
230, 240, 265 engines? are they special editions or something? I was only aware of the 200bhp gti and edition 30..
By smartie
TimEP3 wrote:Christ, i think i'll have to get my R32 mapped, according to this thread!
400bhp expected from Stage 0.5+ remap.
TimEP3 wrote:Christ, i think i'll have to get my R32 mapped, according to this thread!
speak to niki at r tech he is regarded as the best VAG tuner on the forums
By Gozza
A £300 remap will only get you about 18-20 bhp increase and around 15 lb/ft on the torque, the joys of low gain N/A tuning.
By HondaType
They are nice cars to drive, not as entertaining as the Civic, but still very good fun. The maintenance costs are higher than the Civic as things like cam belts need to be done every four years, which you can expect to cost £400 plus. Ironically VW come in cheaper for certain things than independents. The front arches rust and there have been problems with cam followers that lead to big bills. Mine had some corrosion on the rear arches which VW were very good about and sorted it for me under warranty.

Ours gets 39 mpg on a run and is pretty civilised on the motorway. Typically it gets between 30-32mpg between fill ups based on smaller journeys. I'm not keen on the throttle response, or lack of, but the chassis is capable. A couple of mates have driven my car and have been impressed with it. It pulls very well towards the top end of the rev range and I don't feel the need to remap it.

They've held their money pretty well and I can't be dealing with 3 doors for getting the little'un in and out. I prefer the mk6 interior but oerall have few complaints. It's the same old cliche. Easy to live with and more grown up than other hot hatches, but very accomplished.
HondaType wrote:They are nice cars to drive, not as entertaining as the Civic, but still very good fun. The maintenance costs are higher than the Civic as things like cam belts need to be done every four years, which you can expect to cost £400 plus. Ironically VW come in cheaper for certain things than independents. The front arches rust and there have been problems with cam followers that lead to big bills. Mine had some corrosion on the rear arches which VW were very good about and sorted it for me under warranty.

Ours gets 39 mpg on a run and is pretty civilised on the motorway. Typically it gets between 30-32mpg between fill ups based on smaller journeys. I'm not keen on the throttle response, or lack of, but the chassis is capable. A couple of mates have driven my car and have been impressed with it. It pulls very well towards the top end of the rev range and I don't feel the need to remap it.

They've held their money pretty well and I can't be dealing with 3 doors for getting the little'un in and out. I prefer the mk6 interior but oerall have few complaints. It's the same old cliche. Easy to live with and more grown up than other hot hatches, but very accomplished.
Im just going to sit tight for a bit though it is quite tempting!

Drove the mk6, the interior was far nicer than the mk5, but hey its a newer much more expensive car...
By *nub*
::Adds:: wrote:so im now in a position where I can either Rotrex, clutch and diff my ep3.... Or get another car...

I have been contemplating a change for some time and went for a blast in my friends mk5 GTI which only has a 3" turbo back and good map(270bhp 320 torque) .... I was pretty impressed with it and it got me thinking.. and wonder if I should take the dive and go for something else....

Opinions pleases.. :salut:
If you like your EP3 why not supercharge it or sell it and buy one that's already supercharged, might work out cheaper and more fun
*nub* wrote:
::Adds:: wrote:so im now in a position where I can either Rotrex, clutch and diff my ep3.... Or get another car...

I have been contemplating a change for some time and went for a blast in my friends mk5 GTI which only has a 3" turbo back and good map(270bhp 320 torque) .... I was pretty impressed with it and it got me thinking.. and wonder if I should take the dive and go for something else....

Opinions pleases.. :salut:
If you like your EP3 why not supercharge it or sell it and buy one that's already supercharged, might work out cheaper and more fun
I do like mine, but as I'm not part of the private CTRO millionaires club I'm being cautious with the funds I have... I feel like a change would be nice.. But then I've been reading up a fair bit on the mk5 forums and there seems to be a fair amount of things that can go wrong with them that's putting me off a touch... Mechatronics units buggering up, heads going etc etc..

I'd prefer to just keep mine if I did want a charged one, decent used kits aren't too pricey off here either
By stimsonlee
Friend of mine was sponsored by revo. Edition 30 golf pushing 430bhp. Absolute animal.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]