The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By steve83
Not quite sure why you would get rid of the type r, for a swift. :scratch:
By Shappers
Yaris T sport.

less than £3K will get you a fantastic example, nippy enough for that traffic, pennies to insure and will get you over 40mpg. Also fun in the twisties if you fancy it. (will need lowering on Tein's first though)

Several ex yaris t sport owners have gone to the colt czt (the model before the ralliart) and a fair few have come straight back.

Don't knock it until you drive it...

(failing that the suzuki swift sport would be a good shout, same idea)
By wHAmEz
Rmonkey wrote:Sorry inb4 ? Are we talking about that Mazda? Anyone driven the raliart colt? Id like to retain some kind of sporty drive.
I had a Colt Ralliart for about 2 years as I need something cheaper too run. I took out on some epic hoons and it was great fun. Very cheap to drive. The A pillars are massive though. Also not the most comfortable if you're tall. Boot space is non existent if you've a pram or anything large too get in. Cheap as chips to run. Id instantly fit H&R 30mm springs as its tall and woobly[THUMBS UP SIGN] my mate still has the swift sport that's a great car as well. Colt is faster by quite a bit.
By wHAmEz
I also had the czt same car. I went from a DC2 to there two colts because I needed something cheaper to run. Then back to the vtec as soon as I could
By yella
Swift sport, ( mk2 is best) that way you get xenons, climate, cruise, folding mirrors, sat nav ll standard. Plus they are super economical on long run with 45-50mpg and 40 around town

Oh and they are pretty epic on track. Just for extra reassurance the engine is bullet proof too, i've seen an overrated one that hit 10600rpm and not a single sign of damage when it was stripped down.

We bought one for my mum the other year, she loves it and i have to say if i can ever borrow it i love it too, its like a road registered go kart with loads of space. only downside and its really small downside is the boot is a bit small, but enough for a weeks shopping etc.

i've also driven a Colt ralliart at length and can safely say its half the car the Swift is, plus it looks dog ugly. We were testing them as a rental car for track use and after 10 laps it threw a wobbly with ABS problems, once fixed it kept going into limp mode and was promptly returned to Mitsubishi without an order. Also it handled like crap out the box compared to the Swift.

Also Twingo Rs on paper looks good, in real life its a pile of Shite.
By MichaelEp3
I have the same drive to work as you 30mph but wouldn't make me want to get rid of the civic but then again I haven't had it 9 years like you...

Maybe look at Cooper ?
By Leejay-B
Swift sport good shout, revvy N/A engine and cheap to run. Look good lowered a bit too.

What about abarth 500? Easy remap to 160-170 bhp.

Both should be great fun at lower speeds.
By Leejay-B
Rmonkey wrote:Mmmmm. Looking at pug 208gti not sure there. Ibiza cupra. Boring? Fiesta st maybe. Or i really love look of 2008/2009 beemer 125i 3.0 saloon that i really like.
208 gti gets good reviews, maybe check up on engine issues, might be similar to that used in r56 Mini Cooper s which has coking issues, timing chain and turbo problems.

Ibiza cupra and fiesta st could be good. Corsa vxr same sort of idea, small fun turbo hatch... But Piston 4 engine issue on internet scared me off these.

I had a bmw 130i for a year, that is vey similar to 125i, just hatchback instead, and 260 bhp. The 125i can be mapped to 130i power as same engine just pegged back as standard. My issue is that it was too comfortable and not raw and exciting. Very pleased to return to a type r. But many people prefer the 130i to type r, maybe try one out first.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]