The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By Webby_85
Talk to me

Thinking of buying a 535i or d. What engine would you choice as I know nothing about either?

Initially I was looking at buying a newer x5 as I really like mine but the prices of the 535 are tempting me. I need the touring for camping and to hold bikes via tow bar ect.....can't think of any other cars except the 535 as the a4 look really dated now
By danneth
Drove my mates 535d quite alot he had one for a few years, awesome all round car and epic engine imo he had it mapped after a few months was very quick for a barge, reliable and not to expensive to run :salut:
By Webby_85
Nice!

Just a little more than i'm willing to pay (x5 money too)

Been looking at the reviews and it's looking like the 535d is the better option in terms of performance and mpg! Anybody driven both or owned either.......
By Webby_85
danneth wrote:Drove my mates 535d quite alot he had one for a few years, awesome all round car and epic engine imo he had it mapped after a few months was very quick for a barge, reliable and not to expensive to run :salut:
Really!

What sort of mpg was he getting on normal driving ect?

Only owned one derv and it lasted about 2 month before getting a petrol, am I thinking this is the better option than the 535i
By danneth
Webby_85 wrote:
danneth wrote:Drove my mates 535d quite alot he had one for a few years, awesome all round car and epic engine imo he had it mapped after a few months was very quick for a barge, reliable and not to expensive to run :salut:
Really!

What sort of mpg was he getting on normal driving ect?

Only owned one derv and it lasted about 2 month before getting a petrol, am I thinking this is the better option than the 535i

around 30-35 depending on the driving, I lent it for the airport run a few times computer said 46mpg on the motorway, good figures for the performance you got really :cool:
By Webby_85
Impressive!

going see whats local and get a drive in both, cant think of anything else except the 335 touring.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]