The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By daytona365
Evening chaps,
Well after selling my CTR and handing back my hybrid in a couple of months, I'm on the hunt for something fairly nippy and half decent mpg-wise. This is going to be my only car so I've narrowed it down to the 2 cars in the title.
Just wondered if anyone's owned, driven or had experience of the 2 cars in question? :salut:
By daytona365
Not so easy if you'd like a white, 3dr M-sport with 18's...rocking horse pooh pooh.
By yella
123d is great, but i'd probably go with an auto box on it as short ratio box is a pain to live with, 120d is a lot better on fuel and not that far behind in performance. Longer cruise gear too so much better on fuel. 183bhp standard so will always be better than the golf and any 1 series will outhandle a golf.

Same old argument though if you extract the perofmance out of the 123d/120d you won't see the fuel MPG they quote,

don't forget the coupe either as more about than 3 doors, i would also look on BMW used apporved as price difference is hardly anything and then you will have a rock solid BMW warranty.

always loved my 1 series, on my 3rd now

as an idea

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... le/1423994
By daytona365
I know what you're saying bud, but if I'm going to be spending the best part of 15k then I'd like it to be the spec and colour I want. They just seem to be like hens teeth.
I have looked at coupes and there does seem to be a hell of a lot more 123d's in that body style, but they're just not my cup of tea.
Think I'm swaying more towards a white 3dr GTD as I stand more chance of finding one.
As for modding, I'm not really fussed about it anymore. Although, if was to buy a golf I'd be very tempted to drop it a little and fit a set of BBS LM's.
What do you drive 1 series wise?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]