The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By aleung2
yella wrote:
aleung2 wrote:If you go for a 320d I'd get the 177bhp engine which I think you'll get on a 57 plate, they remap to about 215bhp. The last version if that engine, the 184 remap to about 210 for some strange reason. I was in the market for one about 6 months ago but none came up in the spec I wanted for the price. Ended up getting an 11 plate white a6 s line 2.0 tdi instead as they were more affordable.

Won't be as fun as 320d but bigger car and proper states your a wankstain to other drivers.

amended for correctness
:lol: I'm not though honestly. Though I do get the impression other road users don't like me. I still have the type r though
By yella
aleung2 wrote:
yella wrote:
aleung2 wrote:If you go for a 320d I'd get the 177bhp engine which I think you'll get on a 57 plate, they remap to about 215bhp. The last version if that engine, the 184 remap to about 210 for some strange reason. I was in the market for one about 6 months ago but none came up in the spec I wanted for the price. Ended up getting an 11 plate white a6 s line 2.0 tdi instead as they were more affordable.

Won't be as fun as 320d but bigger car and proper states your a wankstain to other drivers.

amended for correctness
:lol: I'm not though honestly. Though I do get the impression other road users don't like me

unfortunately its the cars. My mate recently got an A6 Bi turbo as his company car, 8 speed box, stupid power and he said he drives like a knob due to the car. Lovely but about £50k for a company car.
By smartie
yella wrote:12k a year does not warrant a diesel

i think you are looking at the wrong car mate.
Probably around 80 quid a month difference in fuel costs. If you take 55 mpg as the diesel average and 30 mpg as the petrol average.

Is it worth having a diesel for 80 quid a month?
By eatthis
smartie wrote:
yella wrote:12k a year does not warrant a diesel

i think you are looking at the wrong car mate.
Probably around 80 quid a month difference in fuel costs. If you take 55 mpg as the diesel average and 30 mpg as the petrol average.

Is it worth having a diesel for 80 quid a month?
assuming the diesel car costs more in the 1st place you have to add that in too the budgeting
By karl
I've a 3 litre 5 series, and it averages 48 on the M roads and 37 round town, and it is an auto, ftw
By Sacrificial Pawn
yella wrote:

amended for correctness
Shut up you Cock. :thumbup:
By Sacrificial Pawn
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
benjy279 wrote:What figures are you looking at with a map on a 320d
210bhp & 290lb ft with better mpg I was quoted.
Check insurance if you've not already. Fair bit more than a Type R; 320 or 330.
By J@mes
I don't understand the diesel vs petrol argument. You buy what you want, not because some other f u c ker tells you "oh you only do x miles, sorry you don't need a diesel. Just buy one if you want one and can afford one. Each are totally different to drive.

As for diesels not being on track; I'd much rather take a nice reliable 335d round the ring than my old pile of s h I te mps.
By eatthis
civictype-are wrote:I don't understand the diesel vs petrol argument. You buy what you want, not because some other f u c ker tells you "oh you only do x miles, sorry you don't need a diesel. Just buy one if you want one and can afford one. Each are totally different to drive.

As for diesels not being on track; I'd much rather take a nice reliable 335d round the ring than my old pile of s h I te mps.
you had an mps? :shock:
By Sacrificial Pawn
Alex.J wrote:Lol my posts must be invisible. I answer 2 question yet nobody realised.

Paahh
Know the feeling. :lol: Still, wouldn't make sense to listen to some who's perhaps own said car.
By A20NWK
I have an E90 320d (163bhp) and they aren't bad at all. Fairly nippy when you need them to be and has turned out £100 cheaper to run per month than what my EP3 cost. Not bad considering it's a 55-plate, which don't have the Efficient Dynamics engines. As mentioned previously, these will be the 58-plate models and onwards. Probably worth spending the extra money to be honest.
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
benjy279 wrote:What figures are you looking at with a map on a 320d
210bhp & 290lb ft with better mpg I was quoted.
Check insurance if you've not already. Fair bit more than a Type R; 320 or 330.
Mine was over £200 cheaper than my Type-R come renewal time, and that's with everything declared (albeit made £2.12 difference).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]