The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By Daz W
You also need to factor in the extra servicing and maintainance costs of the diesel. If you're only doing 10 mile trips you could run into DPF problems
By Ashman3000
Daz W wrote:You also need to factor in the extra servicing and maintainance costs of the diesel. If you're only doing 10 mile trips you could run into DPF problems
This was my main issue. I believe the civic does not have a DPF?

A friend has one with a chocolate clutch, looking in the region of £700 to fix :shock: just had the clutch done on my ep3 for the princely sum of £350.
By karl
what extra servicing and maintenance costs? my wife and I have been running serve for years, they're just cars, and dealers have an hourly rate, they don't charge less for petrol cars lol

for the DPF, how many of these have you heard of that failed on the Civic, a car designed for short journeys around town remember?
By Daz W
I just got stung for over £700 for a 75k mile service of my Focus because the DPF needed replacing. Nothing wrong with it but Ford say it needs changing at that mileage
By karl
sounds like you're being shafted, BMW charged me £160 to service a 535d, and they left the DPF where it was :salut:
By EvoStu
Find a car with a 5 year service plan. Like Karl says the actual servicing costs aren't that bad at all really.

With regards chocolate clutches on the 2.2 civics, I haven't seen many standard ones fail, but when mapped they do seem to get eaten quite easily.
By karl
especially since dervs tend to run 20k between services against the petrol 12k average
By J
It will be my luck to buy a die-sel and Borris to include that in his clean air act.
By karl
another myth; mine is a 3 litre and hasn't dropped below 39.7 average for 3k, that's round town and other short journeys...
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:Must be a tough one for Stu, show allegiance to the manufacturer this site is dedicated to, or go with his relatively new found BMW love
It's like choosing which of your children should get the affection.
By EvoStu
GenuineSince89 wrote:Drove a 125d M sport t'other week - it was sweet! Drove a 116d the week before that, which was meh at top end (obviously) but a much nicer place to be than the ep3.
The new 125d is a bit of an animal in standard trim. Proper sleeper!
By mint type r
macca-tdi wrote:civic 2.2 ctdi all dya long, we got rid of our 120d cause it was the shittest most boring/lame car ive ever driven wouldnt wish one on my worst enemy, 330d if you going for a BMW [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Would defo agree with . Use to have 120 d and didn't like it so bought a civic type s diesel. I will be selling mine soon so if any one interested feel free to pm me lol :smile:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]