The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

We all move on at some point, get some help from our members on what to buy next. Usually a monster V8 or second hand Lambo will suffice but usually the three letters M P S will be muttered......standard!
By tabblink
Liam Type-R wrote:Fn2
Lolz
Kernowkarlos wrote:106 gti
I'm not a fan of Maccy D's
By Liam Type-R
tabblink wrote:
Lolz
Ok then, vts? :cool:
By tabblink
Liam Type-R wrote:
tabblink wrote:
Lolz
Ok then, vts? :cool:
Already signed up to saxperience!
By smithylee
I regret ever selling my mx5... best car ive had by far!

Of it wasnt for the little un I would still have it and will have another in the future.

Such amazing cars to drive!
By thestew
Winker234 wrote:There's a white turbo mr2 in inverness for £1000
Are they really that cheap? I wonder if I actually got one it would ruin a childhood dream... And I would go for a 106 gti, not as chavy as a saxo, best fun I have ever had in a car.
By Winker234
Yeah, £1000! Id go for the pug 106 gti! Really fun surprising little cars! Quicker than the 306 gti6 to 80ish!
By Daz W
A Ford Puma
By cammy92
I bought a e46 328i for winter, decent fuel economy, decent road tax, rwd and has a roof for when its cold ... I also looked at a mx5 but decided against it
By jtc
Bump this topic.

Got 2 grand (ish) to spend on a runabout. I've not had a car for almost 2 years (in July), and seeing the new CTR shots makes me want to retain (and increase) my 10yrs no claims ready for maybe getting one in 2015/6.

Needs to be 6'4" and size 14 shoe friendly (small pedal boxes are a no-no). Ideally a bit of fun, doesn't have to be earth shattering pace. Would prefer £280ish tax band maximum, and petrol.

Ideas? Best suggestion so far has been an ST170 ....
By jtc
Had considered a beemer, but was slightly put off by the 130k+ mileage and potential fixing costs. I could get a well looked after ATR with similar mileage ... but part of me can't bring myself to spend so much on such an old Honda :lol:
By J@mes
Yaris t sport no brainer [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] I found it very similar to the type r in many ways I'm 6'1 and didn't really struggle, however size 14 shoes :lol: will there be room for your penis?
By jtc
:lol: big socks

Might go take a look at an ST170 to see how bad it is. It's only £2k but seems expensive.

There's a 530i for sale locally too, but not sure I can stomach the potential cost of parts.

It's a minefield at this budget, how do teens do it? :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]